Location:Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
- Be on the forefront of understanding and being able to communicate Cisco’s strategy in this new technology direction.
- Having the ability to build in depth expertise in the underlying and associated technologies and architectures.
Who You'll Work With
- Working with the field teams determine gaps in go to market strategies, technological shortfalls, trends, and directions in the industry to continually keep Cisco on the right track to deliver leading edge viable solutions with market demand.
- Work closely with a small group of large customers who would be early adopters, make significant revenue contributions and provide Cisco with directional knowledge.
Who You Are
- Industry knowledge, market trends and direction awareness is essential, as Cisco will continue to partner and form eco-systems to deliver comprehensive solutions to our customer base.
- In order to successfully gain footprint in the customer data center, a solid understanding and continued development of competitive strategies will be required.
- An ongoing requirement will be working closely with Cisco’s competitive marketing and technical marketing teams to determine how our competitor’s strategies affects our success as well as to pro-actively set traps for the competition.
- Have both a high level of technical and sales competency and the ability to articulate the flow of information through a proposed system or solution as well as deliver C level messaging as to the business benefits of the proposed Cisco solution.
- Large-scale Data Center Switch fabric architectures.
- Knowledge of L2/L3 topology design and protocol implementation.
- Understanding of new protocols being deployed intra and inter Data Center
- Cloud Computing architecture: understanding of Iaas/PaaS/SaaS concepts and architectures, understanding and experiences of main stream cloud computing technologies and platforms (SDN, SDS, OpenStack, VMWare, KVM, Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, GCP, Ali Cloud etc..)
- Micro Services architecture and Container technologies: understanding of Micro Services and Cloud Native architectures, understanding and experiences of Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Container networking etc..)
- Basic understanding of variable application development processes and tools (Waterfall, CI/CD, DevOps tools etc..)
- Orchestration, provisioning, automation methodologies and technologies: understanding and experiences of networking API programmability (RESTful, NETCONF, Yang Model, XML, JASON etc..), basic knowledge of orchestration and automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Saltstack etc..)
- Basic knowledge of Big Data and Machine Learning concepts and business scenarios.
- IoT architecture and technologies fundamentals: understanding of Fog Computing/Edge Computing concepts and architectures, common IoT business scenarios and methodologies.
- Concepts and implementation of Cisco’s Unified Computing System.
- Deep working knowledge of Cisco DC Technologies and protocols including NX-OS.
- Understanding of barriers to Application Performance and their solutions: latency, bandwidth consumption, network congestion, packet loss, transport throughput, etc.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.