Location:New York, NY, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
The Systems Architect (SA) will be assigned to a Public Sector account and responsible for working with the account team to drive core revenue. The SA's primary focus will be core route/switch and datacenter, along with programmability as it relates to these technologies.
- Onsite, pre-sales activities
- Technical leadership in Cisco core technologies
- Working with account managers, systems architects and partners to plan technical sales strategy, develop proposals, deliver technical presentations/demonstrations to close business.
- Ownership of a technical Business Plan.
- Ongoing development of technical and soft skills.
- 7+ years-related experience in Networking, to include experience with service provider networking.
- Pre-Sales experience in the government market.
- CCIE R&S certification highly preferred; CCIE level skills are required.
- Other industry product experience and certifications preferred.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge and skills in advanced IP network Routing/Switching and associated technologies.
- Security knowledge and skills preferred
- Must be able to act in a consultative role with Cisco team and customers.
- Ability to educate customers, partners and team members on the value proposition, business drivers and closing opportunities.
- Understand the sales cycle and the challenges that can affect the business.
- Be creative, determined and flexible in driving demand and pipeline
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and technical/non-technical presentation skills for an array of different audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
- Ability to collaborate with Cisco business units on future feature enhancements that will drive additional revenue.