Systems Architect, US - SLED
Location:Fulton, Maryland, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Do you want to change the world? We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Who You Will Work With
A Systems Architect works as a business partner to Account Managers in support of the technical sales cycle. The SA works to earn their customers' trust as a technical advisor.
What You'll Do
- Work with our SLED (State, Local and Education) team and use your experience and expertise to build and drive Cisco solutions for governments, hospitals, first responders, transportation, universities, and secondary education.
- Partner with our account managers in a pre-sales technical role to develop customer designs and architectures. You will lead Cisco and partner resources to identify and qualify opportunities and close deals.
- Develop and present compelling business cases to customers and maintain expert-level knowledge of all elements of the business case (drivers of cost, benefit and risk).
- Showcase Cisco product solutions—setting up demonstrations and explaining benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
- Collaborate closely with other Engineers/Architects to align the technology architecture to the customer's mission and ensure customer success.
Who You Are
- A systems architect with 4+ years-related experience preferred and a BS/BA (EE/CS or equivalent).
- CCNP or CCIE is helpful.
- Passionate about the customer experience and excited about new technology, along with a do-what-it-takes demeanor about customer success.
- Knowledgeable of baseline SE skills and in-depth knowledge in at least one specialization in either Data Center, Collaboration, Security or Route/Switch/Wireless.
- Experienced in relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- You have excellent written, listening, consultation and presentation skills.
- Programming experience a plus.
- Experience in pre-sales account planning and lifecycle project planning preferred.
- CCIE or equivalent experience and the desire to become one a plus.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people. We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better. We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices. We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco