Systems Architect-US, SLED accounts
Location:Fulton, Maryland, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Who You Will Work With
A Systems Architect works as a business partner to Account Managers in support of the technical sales cycle. The SA works to earn their customers' trust as a technical advisor.
What You'll Do
- Work with our SLED (State, Local and Education) team and use your experience and expertise to build and drive Cisco solutions for governments, hospitals, first responders, transportation, universities, and secondary education.
- Partner with our account managers in a pre-sales technical role to develop customer designs and architectures. You will lead Cisco and partner resources to identify and qualify opportunities and close deals.
- Develop and present compelling business cases to customers and maintain expert-level knowledge of all elements of the business case (drivers of cost, benefit and risk).
- Showcase Cisco product solutions—setting up demonstrations and explaining benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
- Collaborate closely with other Engineers/Architects to align the technology architecture to the customer's mission and ensure customer success.
Who You Are
- A systems architect with 8 years-related experience preferred and a BS/BA (EE/CS or equivalent).
- CCNP or CCIE is helpful.
- Passionate about the customer experience and excited about new technology, along with a do-what-it-takes demeanor about customer success.
- Knowledgeable of baseline SE skills and in-depth knowledge in at least one specialization in either Data Center, Collaboration, Security or Route/Switch/Wireless.
- Experienced in relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- You have excellent written, listening, consultation and presentation skills.
- Programming experience a plus.
- Experience in pre-sales account planning and lifecycle project planning preferred.
- CCIE or equivalent experience and the desire to become one a plus.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco