Systems Architect - US Commercial
Location:Irvine, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Networking, Security
What You’ll Do
You'll be a credible advisor that is an advocate for your customers. Looking to develop the technical relationship with some of Cisco's key customers every single day. If you love technology then working as a Systems Architect at Cisco is the place for you. Come be a Collaborator, a Consultant and a Forward-thinker. As a Cisco Systems Architect (SA) you will be a part of a dynamic and creative team of technology influencers. Cisco SAs are vital members of the organization who develop technical solutions to assist our customers achieve their business outcomes through the use of our extensive technology portfolio.
Who You’ll Work With
You will get the opportunity to work with some of our very best accounts in the Northwest Commercial region as an Account SE/SA. In our own slice of US Commercial, you are joining a team that has a phenomenal culture of inclusiveness, customer obsession, operational perfection, giving back and, most importantly, having fun together!
You will join the strongest pre-sales team in the world and peer with Account Managers and Sales Specialists who are invested in your success.
Who You Are
· An experienced Systems Architect with a strong background in one or more of our key technical pillars: Data Center & Cloud, Enterprise Networks, Collaboration, Security and IoT. Partner with our Account Managers in a pre-sales technical role, promoting and showcasing Cisco solutions. You thrive on architecting solutions that resolve real world business problems. Years of proven experience enable you to deliver technical presentation in the morning and to articulate the business relevance of the solution to the C-Suite over lunch. Gain access to the palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In additional to technological aptitude and the ability for accelerated learning you know the latest, you have social, presentation, interpersonal and can solve for problems that evoke passion and confidence.
Required Skills & Abilities:
· Several years of networking\security\data center industry related experience as well as Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area.
· Pre-Sales experience required.
· Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
· CCNP CCDP or similar vendor Certification Highly Regarded.
· A strong multi-domain skillset across Collaboration, Campus and Branch Networks, Security, Data Centre and Cloud and IoT is also useful.
· Network Automation using API's and Python is a plus.
· Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work effectively and cover for a teammate in a pinch.
· Strong analytical skills: ability to assess a problem and resolve with an effective course of action.
· Must be located in Orange and/or San Diego County. Relocation is not available for this role.
We Are Cisco!
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box.
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.