Systems Architect - Toronto, Canada - 1305175
Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employeer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything; here that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part of a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will have direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in an assigned geography. You will focus on technical presentations for customers, partners, and prospects and assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposales for assigned opportunities. Other essential activities include: Staying up-to-date on Cisco Solutions, Smart-city and Safe-City/Campus Solutions Showcasing Cisco Product and Solutions Offerings as per customer's business challenges and requirment
You will set up demonstractions and conduct technology workshops for customers articulating features and benefits of Cisco Solutions to our customers
Working on competitive landscape of Cisco Portfolio
Who You'll Work With
You will be a part of the Cisco Global Enterprise Systems Engineering Team. You will partner with our Account Manager(s), Business Development Managers, Product Sales Executives or Specialists of your account/territory/patch. You will work with partners and customers to ensure the best possible solution. We provide best and optimized solutions to the clients in the area of Smart-cities and IOT and other IT infrastructure components.
Who You Are
A passionate and performing individual who works for a collaborative experience for Cisco and the client, and who is passionate about new technologies. You are a true teammate and love to learn. Besides this, it is expected that you have:
Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
1. Excellent written and verbal communications, listening , and strong presentation skills.
2. Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member. Proven technical knowledge and consultative skills.
3. Strong problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
4. Knowledge of baseline SE skills and knowledge in areas of specialization.
5. Knowledge and proven operating experience in one of the following area's of specialization: Routing & Switching, Security, Data Centre, Virtualization, Unified Communications & Collaboration.
6. Knowledge of relevant solutiuon sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
7. Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
8. Understanding and conversant about company, solutions and product strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
9. Industry recognized Certification is preferred.
Manager Specific Requirements: 5+ years-related experience in Data Centre or Networking. Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-sales experience required.
We are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement chnage in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (35 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. A security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.