Systems Architect - SP Routing and Switching, Data Center and Automation
Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestNetworking, Service Provider
What you will do
The Canadian Service Provider Cable Segment is a truly vibrant sales organization that covers the top accounts in the Service Provider Space. We service customers in the Cable MSOs industry across Canada providing best of breed solutions, support and service. This role is part of the Service Provider System Engineering team working in partnership with our Account Management Sales teams.
Who you will work with
With the Servcie Provider System Engineering Team, you will be designing, implementing and empowering the next generation of communications and application delivery for Canada's leading SP companies. You'll collaborate as part of a disruptive Sales engineering team. We offer exhilarating, inspiring, global, high impact, and uniquely broad opportunities for your growth.
About the role
The Systems Architect role is a highly skilled customer-focused technical sales professional who provides in-depth technical information and specific design/implementation guidance to one customers in a dedicated manner. The Systems Architect role provides an advanced architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio, including software and services, leveraging knowledge of the broad Cisco portfolio as well as his / her technical specializations as needed. He / she collaborates with the rest of the sales ecosystem on strategic and complex opportunities and coordinates additional resources (e.g. consulting specialists, demo labs, etc.) to recommend, develop, and propose appropriate customer solution and services offerings. The Systems Architect acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as a trusted technical advisor by the account team and customer allowing the Systems Architect to identify Cisco solution opportunities aligned to the customer's business goals. SAs are considered experts in one or more specializations.
In this highly visible role as a you will be:
- Creating Business Relevance
- Solution and Architectural Selling
- Building Competitive Intelligence
- Optimizing Sales Performance
- Working Across Boundaries
- Driving the Cisco Vision
- Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent
- 8-15 years field technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent
- Advanced technical knowledge in SERVICE PROVIDER Networking (ROUTING/SWITCHING/LAN/WAN/WLAN)
- Datacenter (Virtualization, compute, storage) technologies
- Network Automation/coding skills, Phython, Ansible, etc.
- Demonstrated self-starter and innovator
- Validated relationship building skills
- Team player
- Shown ability to focus and achieve goals
- Perform daily with the highest degree of integrity
- Formulate and communicate a solution / vision
- Experience working with and handling large enterprises and public-sector organizations.
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) preferable.
- Fluent in English and Frech
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.