Systems Architect SLED (Mid-Atlantic)
Location:Washington DC, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
**MUST BE LOCATED IN WASHINGTON DC AREA**
Who You Are
You're fascinated about customer experience and passionate about new technology. Your drive for learning and teamwork along with your knowledge of baseline SE skills in multiple areas makes you a top contender. Your consultancy skills come into play daily as well as your market knowledge including understanding of our competitors and new technologies in the market.
What You'll Do
- Partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
- Gain access to the palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets including Government, Healthcare and Education.
- Collaborate with the Account Manager to recommend and develop customer solution offerings.
- Provide an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can use your technical specialization for specific opportunities.
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provide consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with a team of Public Sector Systems Engineers who partner with Account Managers. We work with partners and customers to further the mission to protect, serve and educate.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Minimum 4 to 6 yrs of experience as a systems architect AND pre-sales with in-depth knowledge in either Data Center, Collaboration, Security or Route/Switch/Wireless
- Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of meaningful solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications a must.
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent preferred.
- CCIE or equivalent experience a plus
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.