Systems Architect - Qatar
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
System Engineer - Qatar:
The Systems Architect will be providing an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio, including hardware, software and services, leveraging his/her knowledge of the broad Cisco portfolio as well as his/her technical specialization as needed. He/she will collaborate with the Account Manager(s) and leverage additional resources (e.g. consulting specialists, demo labs, etc.) to recommend, develop, and propose appropriate customer solution and services offerings.
What you will do:
You will conduct technical presentations, showcase Cisco products and solutions, set up demonstrations and explain features and benefits to customers. As a trusted advisor to the customer, you will design and configure products to meet specific customer needs. You will gain access to the broad palette of Cisco DC, security, IT technologies. In addition to technical aptitude and competency, you must possess the ability to learn quickly and stay current on networking trends. The ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
As a Systems Architect, you will have direct responsibilities for assigned accounts. These responsibilities include keeping up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services; providing technical and sales support for assigned accounts; conducting technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects; assisting with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
You will work with a wide variety of technologies and will therefore need strong collaborative and consultative skills and capacities to effectively showcase Cisco products and solutions, demonstrate technical solutions and capabilities, conduct Proof-of-Concept (PoC) tests. You will need business acumen to translate technical features and functionalities of a Cisco solution to map to customer's business outcomes and benefits. To sharpen your technical skills, you will be assigned as a specialist member to one of the System Engineering Virtual Teams. You are expected to participate actively in the Virtual Team events and activities and collaborate with the broader members of Cisco's Systems Engineering team, you'll help bring transformation to our customer' data center infrastructure and help simplify their operational challenges.
Who are you:
- Possess relevant technical skills to design and implement a complex network architectures, spanning private and public cloud datacenter, core, edge and access networking.
- Have experience working with a majority of the following Cisco product families is required: Cisco Data Center Technologies (UCS, Hyperflex, Nexus, ACI, …), Cisco Security Technologies (Firepower, ASA, Umbrella, …), Cisco Enterprise Networking (SDA, SD-WAN, WiFi) and Collaboration Technologies
- Have a minimum 10+ years of field technical sales experience, working as a Systems Engineer or related field with customer interaction, CCIE certification is a must
- Have a working knowledge of common open and proprietary operating systems (IE: Linux, Unix, Windows Server, etc), Cloud, virtualization and containerization technology (VMWare, OpenStack, Kubernetes, etc.). Practical experience in scripting and API integration is desired, and software programming skills are a big plus.
- Be comfortable working “hands-on" in a lab environment when necessary to configure customer demonstrations and proofs of concept.
Ideally, the candidate should be currently in Qatar, with a valid residence permit.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.