Systems Architect - Federal - Tactical Military Region
Location:Offsite, RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Compensation Range175200 USD - 225400 USD
**MUST CURRENTLY POSSESS A TOP-SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE AND ELIGIBLE FOR ADDITIONAL ACCESS**
What You'll Do
Is technology your passion? Do you want to work for a company where you can see your ideas come to life? Do you want to consistently work with industry leaders and knowledge experts that will help shape your future and career? Do you want a company that has excellent benefits, strong employee programs, and an awesome PTO policy right from the start? Then look no further than Cisco!! As a Systems Architect at Cisco, you will partner with our Account Managers in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. Gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In additional to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence. Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory. Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities. Must identify area of specialization.
Who You'll Work With
We are the Federal – Tactical Military Region. A team of Systems Architects who partner with Account Managers, Partners and Customers to ensure the best possible solution. We develop next-generation IT solutions for the future of our country. We support ESWA, Army Tactical and Special Operations Forces. We have been in roles from 1 years to 20+ years and support and empower each other. We have a wide range of interests outside of work, but we all love technology (and most of us have built our own Cisco network in our homes)! Check out what a Cisco Systems Engineer is all about!!
Who You Are
· You are passionate about the customer experience and excited about new technology. You are a true team player and love to learn.
· 4+ years-related experience preferred (less will be considered). Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-Sales experience required.
· Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
· Knowledge of baseline SE skills and in-depth knowledge in at least one area of specialization in either Data Center, Collaboration, Security or Route/Switch/Wireless.
· Knowledge and strong operating experience in at least one of the following areas of specialization: Data Center, Collaboration (Voice, Video), Security or Route/Switch/Wireless.
· Knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
· Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
· Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills.
· Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
· Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
· Solid sense of humor
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, and we love to have fun. We are passionate about our customers! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.