Systems Architect - Automotive Named Accounts - German speaking (1372541)
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
The Named Account Systems Architect is a customer-focused technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and guidance to customers. He/she collaborates with the Account Team to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
We enable our top enterprise customers to transform their business to next generation architectures including new technologies, cloud models and new services. We leverage our assets to solve our enterprise customer’s critical challenges.
The Enterprise 1 organization is searching for a Named Account Systems Architect, located in Garching to work as technical lead for a large customer in the Automotive sector. With this role, the Systems Architect will drive and develop the architecture and technical strategy for this customer. In collaboration with the dedicated Account Managers and the Service team, he/she has to drive the top opportunities with success. Experience in the Automotive sector and a firm understanding of the challenges running large projects and how we can help monetize and optimize the GTM of our top customers will be key.
What You'll Do:
The Systems Architect provides an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can leverage his / her technical specialization for specific opportunities:
- Participate in the creation of an overall account and technical plan
- Proactively generate leads through customer meetings, seminars, and education
- Define and translate customer business problems in a technical context
- Help plan for and move deals through the sales process by knowing how and when to engage the appropriate Cisco and partner tools and resources (such as TSA, SE, PSS, CX, etc.)
- Define solution options and articulate the benefits of a Cisco solution
- Coordinate solution development, including leveraging replicable architectures and researching customized solutions
- Develop proof of concept, including presentation and documentation of test results
- Develop or oversee development of presentation materials
- Present technical components of Cisco solutions to customer Competencies & Behaviors Business Acumen
- Learn a broad level of knowledge of the business economics and trends of the industries and vertical markets in which one's customers conduct business, and how Cisco solutions add financial and strategic value
- Build relationships both within and outside of Cisco; establish credibility quickly through
Who You'll Work With:
The Named Systems Architect acts in an increasingly consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert, or trusted technical advisor, in his / her field by the account team and customer. All Systems Architects engage customers face-to-face or via collaborative tools and technology such as WebEx Video, etc. As part of a Global account team, it will be necessary to work cross-functionally with various members of the regional teams. This will ensure alignment with the global account strategy and consistent local implementation.
Who You Are:
- Several years of related experience
- Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required
- Pre-Sales experience highly required
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent
- CCNP or CCDP Certification preferred
- Strong understanding of the customer business model and common financial pain points; ability to frame Cisco offerings in terms of business drivers
- Advanced understanding of Cisco vision and technology; articulate the vision from the customer perspective
- Understand customer business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform Technical Acumen
- Understand networking industry trends, including new products and solutions
- Understand competitive product and solution landscape
- Advanced knowledge in Routing & Switching / Networking Platform Design
- Excellent technical consulting skills, including ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions, and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment
- Proactively share information about common replicable architectures that are most appropriate for assigned customers
- You can speak fluently English and German (C1 Level)
We Are Cisco:
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.