Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Who We Are
The CX Lab organization is responsible for delivering the Cisco Customer Experience support organization with world-class labs. Our global organization strives to exemplify operational excellence while delivering best-in-class service delivery and solutions. We are constantly striving to optimize and accelerate Cisco's lab investment, through automation and virtualization to scale support capability globally.
Who You'll Work With
The CX Labs: Virtualization, Security, and Infrastructure (VSI) team within the CX Labs organization is a dynamic team of System Administrators and Network Engineers focused on implementation and operations of our systems and infrastructure that make up the Cisco's Customer Experience lab footprint. Our lab footprint spans many functional domains and technical areas from racking and bringing online multi-node compute and storage clusters, operating 24x7 production solutions that drive the CX business, to incident response.
The VSI team is tightly interlocked with the Architecture team to ensure architectures are deployed to-spec. Additionally, a tight collaboration between the implementation/operations team and the architecture team is required. This drives continuous improvement across our entire solution portfolio.
What You'll Do
The CX Labs System Administrator will be a self-starting, collaborative individual that focuses on delivering reliable and secure solutions. You will be responsible for working on implementations of new architecture as well as operate and maintain currently offered solutions. You will provide continuous feedback to the architecture team with what is working and what is not through our collaborative tools. Develop automation workflows to streamline the deployment of solutions at scale. Partner with internal tech leaders to develop and drive solutions for complex issues, while minimizing downtime and impact to our users.
- Must be located locally to the RTP, NC campus (employee will need to physically maintain on-campus server issues). The role does not require the employee to be in the office 5 days a week, but the employee will need to go to campus as needed (within a timely manner).
- BS degree in Computer Science, System Administration, or related technical field
- Experience with Configuration Management solutions (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Terraform)
- Experience in one or more of the following: (C, Go, Ruby, Python)
- Deep understanding and ability to write scripts (bash, perl, powershell)
- Experience in using distributed version control systems like Git
- Experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, GitHub Actions)
- Experience with Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Experience managing backup solutions
- Ability to work across cultures and time zones
- You can provide application-specific knowledge transfer, training, & documentation
- Experience managing large scale virtualization build-outs (ESXi, KVM, HyperV, Xen)
- Experience with Storage Protocols (FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS)
- Experience with Cisco UCS Servers (B-Series and/or C-series)
- Strong Linux system and troubleshooting knowledge and expertise
- Experience and good understanding of AWS, Azure and Google Cloud platform
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time to sites for large upgrades or migrations
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!#LI-ARZ
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.