System Integration Test Engineer
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
What You'll Do
The position is for a System-Test Engineer for Enterprise Routing Software QA Team in the SDWAN area.
- You will work on latest hardware and software features on Cisco’s SDWAN solution.
- Write, execute and & automate test plans, review functional specs
- Design and Bring up complex System/Solution level topologies
- Improve product quality by finding defects and automating testcases
- Improve productivity by contributing to QA infrastructure
Who You'll Work With
You will working in one of the best engineering teams to design, deploy, troubleshoot & automate in areas of infrastructure and features. This is a fast paced, fast learning and a challenging work environment. You will be working in a culture where innovation is the key to fast changing customer needs.
Who You Are
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Computer Networking and Automation
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Networking. MS preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP)
- Basic Linux knowledge and understanding of system parameters
- Troubleshooting skills in the realm of Layer 2 to Layer 7..
- Background with one or more of following areas is a plus: SDWAN, Virtualization, Cloud technologies, SDN etc.
- Strong Automation experience, python is a plus
- Strong focus to customer use case and solution to meet customer deployment
- Self-starter, ability to translate requirements into action items
- Hands on experience with Cisco IOS is a plus.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!