The vision of the Public Sector organization is to help governments protect, educate, and serve citizens at the national, state, and local level. Our organization serves six market segment verticals: Civilian, Defense, Education, Healthcare, Intel, and State/Local Government.
The position is with a great team of engineers that have years of experience supporting their customer base and years of Cisco expertise. The customer base is unique and provides huge opportunity across the technology space from basic web applications to huge analytic clusters and next generation cloud infrastructures. We have great opportunity to develop deeper relationships with our customers as we deliver solutions higher up the software stack.
Role and Responsibilities
* The primary focus will be on assisting Cisco and its customers with licensing. This will include presenting on the topic, assisting customer design licensing solutions, assisting customers with issues with licensing, asssiting customer with installation and configuration of Cisco products with respect to licensing.
* This position will also offer the opportunity to do more traditional broad based sales enginering work. These activities will be done around the primary licensing focus.
* Local to the Washington, DC Metro area - Cisco Office is in Herndon, VA
* BS/BA in Engineering or Computer Science
* Applicant must have the ability to undergo a successful background investigation and maintain a US National Security clearance for this position. Requirements for a security clearance will be explained in detail upon receipt of your application and if your personal background prevents you from obtaining a clearance or passing a background investigation, application for this position will have to be returned to the applicant.”
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.