System Engineer - CGEM EMEAR
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You'll Do
The Account Systems Engineer is a customer-focused technical sales professional who provides high-level technical support and mentorship to customers. He/she collaborates with the Account Manager to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
The account SE provides an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can demonstrate his / her technical specialisation for specific opportunities.
- Participate in the creation of an overall account plan
- Participate in the creation of a technical account plan
- Proactively generate leads through customer meetings, seminars, and education.
- Define customer business problem in a technical context
- Help plan for and move deals through the sales process by knowing how and when to engage the appropriate Cisco and partner tools and resources (such as CSE, SE, PSS, AS Engineers, etc.)
- Define solution options and articulate the benefits of a Cisco solution
- Research and demonstrate solution ROI
- Coordinate solution development, including leveraging replicable architectures and researching customised solutions
- Develop proof of concept, including presentation and documentation of test results
- Develop or oversee development of presentation materials
- Present technical components of Cisco solutions to customer
Proficiencies & Behaviors
- Learn a broad-level of knowledge of the business economics and trends of the industries and vertical markets in which one's customers conduct business, and how Cisco solutions add financial and strategic value.
- Build relationships both within and outside of Cisco; establish credibility quickly through personal self-confidence.
Who You'll Work With
The technical specialist SE acts in an increasingly consultative fashion and is looked to as a specialist, or trusted technical advisor, in his / her field by the account team and customer. All SEs engage customers face-to-face or via collaborative tools and technology such as WebEx, Telepresence, etc.
As part of Cisco’s Country Global Enterprise Model for EMEA, it will be vital to work cross-functionally with various members of the Headquarters Team.
This will ensure alignment with the global account strategy and consistent local implementation.
Who You Are
- 4- 7+ years related experience.
- Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required.
- Pre-Sales experience highly recommended.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- CCNP or CCDP Certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of the customer business model and common financial pain points; ability to frame Cisco offerings in terms of business drivers
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco vision and technology; articulate the vision from the customer perspective
- Understand customer business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform
- Understand networking industry trends, including new products and solutions
- Understand the competitive product and solution landscape
- Advanced knowledge in Routing & Switching, Networking Platform Design
- Excellent technical consulting skills, including the ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment
- Proactively share information about common replicable architectures that are most appropriate for assigned customers
- The technical specialist SE has an in-depth knowledge of their specialisation and adjacent technologies including product, technology, and competitive information.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!