System Engineer - Account SE (Select)
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
What we are looking for
A customer-focused technical sales professional who ensures that relevant technical information and guidance is provided to the customer by relating to their business demands. A professional with a customer first attitude and takes a consultative approach with the customer to pitch the solution that would help them achieve their business priorities.
Why you’ll Love Cisco
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, from launching a new era of networks that adapt, learns and protect, to building services that accelerate business outcomes. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. There is a reason why Cisco is picked the #1 place to work at 2 years in a row. It’s a place of pure creativity where employees are valued and appreciated for bringing their true self to work.
What You’ll Do
As a Systems Engineer you will orchestrate involvement of all technical activities and resources, holding accountabilities for all opportunities within assigned account(s) and territory, provide architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio, including software and services.
- Technical sales professional serving as a Technology/Product/Solution consultant.
- Technical orchestrator for an array of Cisco resources, main responsibility for ensuring successful completion of each pitstop from a technical perspective in the lifecycle selling motion.
- Provides technical information and design/implementation guidance in concert with Cisco Architecture Seller team(s).
- Collaborates with the Sellers on the customer account plan(s), jointly helping customers meet their business and technical
- Educate customer on Cisco differentiation. Set brand preference to Cisco.
- A role that serves as a Technology specialist across solutions within a multi-domain architecture approach.
- Engage with customer roles from engineers to C-Suite, aligning technology to business drivers.
- Build relationship with Architecture team, Business Units(BUs) and Partners
- B-Tech, BE, or equivalent.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Min 7-9 years of presales experience in technical position
- Detailed Cisco products and technologies knowledge.
- Understand the basic aspects of end-to-end architecture and should have knowledge on one more technology other than Networking (preferably Data Center or Security).
- Knowledge of technology architectures in adjacent and associated technologies that can support the customer business needs. (E.g. along with knowledge in security should have an awareness of how security should be applied across Network, DC, Cloud etc.).
- Knowledge on how to handle RFP specifications.
- Advanced technical knowledge in the Networking Solutions, SDN Architecture, Network Security and Datacentre Networking technologies.
- Understanding of a multi-domain Architecture approach and benefits around the same
- Ability to drive CxO-level discussions and drive Cisco’s value and differentiators.
- Advanced Whiteboarding and Presentation skills.
- Experience working with the large Manufacturing/ITES/BFSI customers.
- CCNP/ CCIE and any other industry recognised certification
- Formulate and communicate a solution / vision.
- Ecosystem platform skills and certification (Cloud, Security)
- Working towards any industry led certification.
- Knowledge of programmability (python, REST API, Netconf Yang, Ansible).
- Knowledge of Software lifecycle selling.
- Social Media savvy.
Who You’ll Work With
You will partner with our Account Manager(s) that covers the top accounts in the Mid Market space.
Our account team is dedicated and passionate about helping customers achieve their business Goals. We strive to be the best partner and advocate for our customers. We support and empower each other. In our team, we are passionate about the customer experience and about new technology, we love to learn.
You'll collaborate as part of a disruptive Sales engineering team. We offer exhilarating, inspiring, global, high impact, and uniquely broad opportunities for your growth.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is outstanding, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses.
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break. We take accountability, we take aggressive steps, and we believe in diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all.