Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Networking
What We’re Looking For
Cisco is looking for a highly motivated and self-driven pre-sales Systems Architect to join the VZ Engineering team. This is a diverse and motivated team that consistently delivers profitable growth and the SA will be encouraged to drive new and support existing packet-optical sales initiatives for Cisco Solutions across customer’s network region.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead customer product solution discussions and presentations, demonstrating how Cisco packet & software solutions accelerate time to service and time to revenue
- Drive architecture discussions with customer organizations that incorporate all aspects of a packet-optical network including service delivery, network management and related topics associated with field deployments
- Provide product and technical expertise to support sales efforts of Cisco products
- Lead technical tasks (lab trials & product demonstrations), including written proposals (RFPs), and sophisticated network designs.
- Able to efficiently communicate solutions to customers, resellers and work cohesively with Sales teams and other internal CISCO departments.
- Collect and assist in assessment/prioritization of new features with product management to develop and propose product improvements to meet customer requirements
- Assist in tracking of product work and presenting issues to customer’s regional teams
- Technical Degree; BS in Engineering or Computer Science
- 10-12 years telecommunication experience, preference in sales engineering
- Sales engineering experience with large service providers a plus
- Detailed understanding and experience of Service Provider network deployments and architectures specifically complex, multilayer network designs including network management
- Expert level knowledge of multi-layer network architectures including:
- Optical transport networks (metro ROADM, long-haul DWDM) with specific experience with Cisco’s optical platforms (NCS 2000)
- OTN transport networks with specific experience with Cisco’s OTN platforms and associated control plane technology (NCS 4000, NCS 2000)
- Network Design Tool modeling with specific experience with optical network designs using CTP/CNP (including creation of required ANS files) and packet design tool (WAE) modeling experience
- IP, Ethernet, MPLS and Core Routing/Switching technologies and protocols (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, IGRP, SR,) with specific experience with Cisco’s packet-optical transport platforms (NCS 4216, 4206, 4202,4201, NCS 540)
- Network Management architectures and associated Cisco products and protocols (EPNM, NSO, TL1, SNMP, CLI, MTOSI, REST, NetConf Yang, SSH, Duo)
- Hands-on equipment and systems level understanding and an ability to learn and apply new concepts and technologies quickly to support lab and field work as required
- Time management skills; ability to plan, prioritize, execute & follow-up within a timely manner
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – experience in coordinating presentations for customer meetings including conducting technical training
- Flexible, able to prioritize multiple tasks with minimal direction
- Ability to work well with large multi-functional team including Cisco CX, Cisco R&D, Engineering and PLM
Ability to travel as required
Why you'll love Cisco?
Cisco is the #1 Best Place to Work in the World!
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.