Location:Iselin, New Jersey, US
Additional Location(s)Dallas TX, Tampa FL
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestService Provider
Systems Architect at Cisco
Cisco Sales team is seeking a Systems Architect. The ideal candidate will assist the account team to develop solutions for Verizon as the customer. The position requires collaborative approach to meeting customer requirements by applying wide array of Cisco technologies and solutions.
We’re in search of a System Architect who can weave the technical knowledge with business acumen to help our customer meet their objectives in the world of private and pubic cloud computing. This position requires understanding customer environment and finding a way to apply Cisco applications in customer’s choice of platform and infrastructure to build a solution.
The candidate should have a firm grasp of principles of XaaS and have intimate knowledge of how best to customize Cisco software applications into a secure and virtualized offering. The position also helps the candidate to sharpen their skills by cloud enablement of Cisco and non-Cisco applications in customer environment
System Architect Responsibilities:
- Assisting account team in qualifying opportunities that meet customer’s business objective by implementing private or public cloud-based solutions.
- Planning, designing and co-developing cloud-based solutions with customer.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Partnering with Cisco Customer eXperience (CX) team to build proposals and help qualify effort and resources
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Ability to demystify complex technologies and disciplines
- Ability to present to large, diverse crowds
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve customer challenges
- Collaborate with Engineering, CX and other organizations to document and develop cross functional solutions
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed.
- Orchestrating and automating applications on a cloud platform for customer.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Differentiate and articulate the benefits of Cisco solution over competition
- Demonstrate key technologies and concepts to influence customers by arranging Proof of Concept labs, demo(s) and assisting in customer lab evaluations
- Preparing and Responding to RFI / RFP(s) as requested by customers
System Architect Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification, or similar cloud-related certification.
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS
- Working knowledge with Kubernetes, Docker and/or Linux containers and Container Networking
- Any experience as a Cloud Engineer role or related position would be a plus
- Knowledge of Linux / Unix administration skills, and versatile in console commands, scripting and utilities (PERL, Python, BASH, etc.)
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC and software development using languages such as Java, Python, C++ or Ruby.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Knowledge of Databases including SQL and NoSQL, and time series such as Influx or Prometheus
- Experience with open-source technology, software development and testing tools (LAMP, Git, Jenkins etc.)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required
- Generating estimates, presentations or white papers targeted for customer use cases
- Knowledge of Management Automation and Network Orchestration (MANO) and Telemetry protocols such as SNMP, gRPC,
- Knowledge of automation tools and transports NetConf, RestConf, YANG,
- and tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet are considered as advantage