Location:Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestService Provider
What You'll Do
This high profile role you will be supporting Service Providers in mobility and networking in the transition to cloud and virtualization.
As Cisco is intensifying its presence in the South African market we are searching ambitious and highly passionate individuals who can complement the existing workforce in the EMEAR Service Provider team.
Who You'll Work With
You will need to have both strong sales skills, communication skills and build deep expertise in the area of Service Providers, especially in mobility, cloud, networking and software with SDN and virtualization in mind.
The Systems Engineer is in charge of the following activities:
- Develop consultative approach for a direct touch sales model
- Provide technical and sales support to customers
- Perform technical presentations and develop strong interlock within Cisco functions
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Support and address critical projects as well as critical situation and provide solutions as needed
- Actively participate as a specialist on assigned team activities and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
Who You Are
The Systems Engineer has the following skills:
- You will need to have great team working skills as roles implies to working efficiently with many parties: Sales, customers, Cisco Business Units.
- Ability to articulate a benefit proposition of a solution in front of both technical and non-technical audience
- Demonstrated sales and consultative skills.
- Good balance between hands-on capabilities and theoretical technical knowledge.
- In-depth technical knowledge in several areas of specialization amongst:\
Service Provider Experience and Exposure
Core/Edge Routing & Switching, Security, SD_WAN (Meraki/Viptela), DNA, Data Center (Nexus/UCS), Tetration, Automation NSO/WAE/
OSS and NMS
Technical Knowledge in Datacenter, SDN and virtualization technologies would be much valued
Relevant Cisco Certification will be required – CCIE or equivalent certification is highly desirable.
- typically BSc/MSc studies from university in IT, programming or equivalent
- ability to learn by doing and put thoughts into actions
- as multi-tasker you show an open, organized and structured way of working in a time-managed manner with a permanent follow-up of activities.
- Share our values, notably: Teamwork, Dedication to Customer Success, Innovation & Learning, Lifecycle Approach, Accountability, Openness, and Ownership.
- Your enthusiastic social skills allow you to easily integrate in an existing team; you like to take initiatives and are autonomous minded.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening, negotiation and presentation
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.