System Architect - South TX 1295841
Location:Houston, Texas, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
Partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
- Gain access to the palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets including Healthcare and Oil & Gas.
- Collaborate with the Account Manager to recommend and lead solution development, including demonstrating replicable architectures and researching customized solutions
- Provide an architectural perspective across the Cisco product portfolio and can use your technical specialization for specific opportunities.
- Act in an increasingly consultative fashion and looked to as a guide, or trusted technical adviser, in your field by our account team and customers.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitors solutions, products and services.
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
Who You'll Work With
The team of Global Enterprise Systems Engineers and Architects partner directly with Account Managers. Systems Architects engage customers face-to-face or via technology such as WebEx, Telepresence, etc. As part of Cisco's Country Global Enterprise Model, it will be vital to work cross-functionally with various members of the Headquarters Team. This will ensure alignment with the global account strategy and consistent local implementation.
Who You Are
Passionate about customer experiences and excited about new technology. You are a true teammate and love to learn.
Knowledge of baseline SE/SA skills and in-depth knowledge in at least one adjacent technology including: Data Center, Collaboration, Security or Route/Switch/Wireless.
Knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Deep comprehension of customer business structures and common financial challenges; ability to frame Cisco offerings in terms of business drivers
Advanced understanding of Cisco vision and technology; articulate the vision from the customer perspective
Excellent technical consulting skills, including ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions, and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment
Comfortable with information sharing about common replicable architectures that are most appropriate for assigned customers
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- 4+ years-related experience preferred. Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor technical offerings required. Pre-Sales experience required.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- CCNP or CCDP Certification preferred.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere! From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your every day devices.
We benefit everyone! We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.