System Architect Service Provider, Singapore
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security, Service Provider
At Cisco, we are architecting, implementing and securing the Internet of Things and making amazing things happen every single day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to help our customers accelerate their businesses in a safe and scalable way, helping them lead their own industries. As a Cisco Systems Engineer (SE) you'll be a part of a highly dynamic and closely knitted team of influencers. Cisco SEs are vital members of the organisation who develop solutions that assist our customers achieve their business outcomes through the use of Cisco's phenomenal technology portfolio. Industry leading development programs to ensure you will become and remain a technical expert who is entrusted to guide and educate our customers towards building technical solutions that drive innovation within their companies.
What you’ll do:
The Cisco SE is responsible for the technical relationship with our customers. As you develop a relationship with the customer, you’ll become a trusted advisor who consults on the design of technical solutions comprising of Cisco products and those from third-party vendors with the specific focus on our Service Provider portfolio. As an SE, you’ll work in the pre-sales organisation to design and deliver customised solutions to meet your customer’s business needs. As a bonus, you’ll also work with amazing people in product development and collaborate with peers to learn and teach.
We help our clients succeed by listening, anticipating their needs as the market shifts, and help them accelerate through technology business transitions.
Who You’ll Work With:
You will be part of the service provider business and work closely with the extended sales team.
Who You Are:
- Knowledge of Service Provider technologies including SP Routing, Automation, Cloud, DC Switching, and Compute.
- Knowledge of systems and technologies used in typical SP infrastructures
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills
- Great Spoken/written communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Phenomenal leadership and influence skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- 10+ years’ industry experience and 2+ years’ in a technical sales role
- Highly motivated
- Self-starter who can lead opportunities without close supervision
- Able to take complex ideas and articulate them in a simple and relatable way
- Nurture relationships with multiple layers of an organisation
- Enjoy presenting and whiteboarding solutions with customers
It would be Highly Regarded if you have:
- Industry Verifications
- Cisco Certifications (CCNP / CCIE) is a plus but not required.
- Software Integration and development background
What it’s like to work for Cisco:
- Get 40 hours paid time to volunteer each year http://cs.co/TimeToGive
- Best company to join in so many ways! http://cs.co/BestCompany
- Let our employees tell you themselves #WeAreCisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!