System Architect - Google/WEB
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Why You Will Love Cisco
Is technology your passion? Come work for a company where you can see your ideas come to life. Where people consistently work with industry leaders and knowledgeable specialists that will help craft your future and career. Want a company that has excellent benefits, strong employee programs, and an incredible PTO policy right from the beginning? Then we hope you will keep reading.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with Cisco's latest silicon architectures for hyper-scale production networks, helping influence the direction of our software. You will be surrounded by proven pre-sales engineers and business unit leaders eager to address the daring demands of your customer.
Your responsibility will be to collaborate with senior sales engineers assisting with customer communication, detailed planning, and refactoring of information for customer consumption. During this process, you will become knowledgeable about hyperscale architectures and learn how to take a whiteboard concept and transform it to into the next production network role.
What You'll Do
- Know the latest on relevant solutions, products and services
- Translate customer requests into engineering specific documents
- Perform technical presentations for customers and internal audiences
- Coordinate and prioritize detailed data for customer review
Who You Are
You are a creative individual always looking for ways to improve a system. You are constantly finding patterns in-process and offering solutions to advance them. You are as comfortable in a spreadsheet as you are discussing the latest customer requirements. You are eager to boost customers' overall happiness by clarifying details.
- You have at least 5 years of networking/architecture and field experience working with named accounts as a Systems Engineer/Systems Architect or equivalent.
- Highly Organized
- Strong Communications talent in making the sophisticated simple
- Ability to build relevant customer relationships
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent
- An understanding of networking hardware and software
- Practical knowledge of network architecture
- The ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.