Support Engineer 1
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
Cisco Cloud Security is the leading global provider of SaaS web security. Cisco provides a comprehensive suite of web security services through a scalable web processing centre that guarantees high performance, best-of-breed protection. Every day our technology scans over billions of web requests, going far beyond the capabilities of traditional security techniques to protect both, office based and roaming workers around the globe.
With offices around the world, we're looking for somebody excited to work with new people from diverse backgrounds and locations. Technology is a key component of our work, it enables our engineers, support organizations, and run the business teams to complete their missions to deliver great products. We believe in the power of great teams and we're looking somebody to join our IT and Employee Success organization.
An ideal candidate will have a depth of experience in multi-faceted technical areas, and experience in lab administration & operational support for Cloud Services and/or large-scale service delivery providers. Will be responsible to Install, troubleshoot, maintain/upgrade of network & compute infrastructure plus related software services, monitoring system health and automating workflows towards providing seamless and efficient operations/services to product engineering teams.
Is this you?
· Solid communicator, somebody who loves to teach. A listener with empathy for others.
· You've had system administration experience in Linux and Windows (preferably Linux) this includes adding, removing, and changing accounts, as well as maintenance activities.
· You have experience supporting an environment using google apps, MS Office, etc. You understand the challenges of networking and wireless environments.
· No problem is too big, you're a seasoned problem solver.
· Speaking of problems, technology is moving towards automation for most tasks and you're moving with it. This means you understand python or similar languages.
· Learning is something you do every day and this job is no different. It’s important you invest time in training and your skills.
what we'd like to see in our candidates:
· 3+ years experience in supporting engineering environments.
· Proficiency in python or the ability to understand and review simple code
· Experience in VMware virtualization, Networking, Windows & Linux.
· Experience in supporting Mac OSX, Microsoft Windows 10, and Server.
· The ability to troubleshoot and identify network problems
· Understanding of Linux command line tools and when to use them
· The ability to understand and prioritize problems and incidents
· This is a user facing position, working with others comes with the job.
· Familiarity commonly used development tools: Jenkins, Git, Jira, Confluence, etc.
· Should be flexible to different operational support for team
· Good to have hands on exposure to AWS.
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.