Supply Chain Project Specialist Intern - Netherlands
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Start Date: February 2019
Duration: 3-6 months
Application deadline: Ongoing
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Why you will love Cisco
Cisco didn’t just build the Internet. We keep building it. We believe our innovation and our edge comes from our people. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
- Cisco is ranked in the Top-30 Best Places to Work globally by Fortune and LinkedIn – you’ll be joining a world recognized brand with a great reputation.
- You’ll be connected to people and information through the best collaboration tools and technologies.
Cisco plays a crucial role in driving next generation software innovations. This includes cloud, mobile, security, hardware, big data spaces, software and consulting services. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity; we are connecting the unconnected and transforming our customers' businesses worldwide.
Supply Chain Operations
Join our industry recognized Supply Chain Operations team. Over the last 10 years, Cisco’s Supply Chain has been among the top 10 global supply chains on Gartner’s annual Top 25 Supply Chain list.
The Cisco Supply Chain is responsible for new product introductions, manufacturing, logistics, sourcing and procurement, planning, quality, sustainability, supply chain security and many other functions.
Taking engineering innovations from the drawing board all the way through to our customers, whether it's complex, high-end, configure-to-order systems or high-volume off-the-shelf products, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for turning ideas into powerful customer solutions. Supply Chain Operations at Cisco is a global organization with more than 9,000 employees in over 50 locations around the world.
Our success is derived from our people and culture. We support risk taking, we encourage bold innovative ideas, and our leadership team is committed to helping our employees develop and grow within their careers.
Our vision is to enable the success of Cisco’s strategy. By being agile, driving innovation, productivity and scale, Cisco Supply Chain plays a huge role in the experience that Cisco delivers to our customers and partners.
As an intern you will be stepping into a fast-paced environment, while working in high-impact roles. With lots of support from management and colleagues, you will experience a sense of community and fun, while having the opportunity to learn and grow.
Start a truly rewarding career at Cisco Supply Chain!
What we can offer you?
You will work as part of the EMEAR supply chain team, either in Planning and Fulfilment or Manufacturing operations. Typically you will work on an assignment related to one or multiple of the following topics:
- Help create innovative solutions to optimize Supply Chain Operations internal and external processes and tools to enable the best cost, quality, and delivery of Cisco products.
- Collaborate with Engineering and provide closed loop feedback on manufacturing and product test issues.
- Interface with our manufacturing and logistics partners primarily located in The Netherlands, Czech Republic, Poland and Russia as well as our global suppliers mainly located in Asia to support, maintain and improve daily operations and performance.
- Collaborate with distributors, sales and marketing regarding planning of big deals, forecast trends and accuracy.
Aside from the above you will;
- Have opportunities to learn about global product fulfilment and manufacturing
- Learn about Cisco’s outsourced fulfillment models (configure to order, build to stock, …)
- Use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, while learning from your talented colleagues.
- Have the opportunity to compete in one of our highly competitive ping pong or table football tournaments…
What we are looking for?
- You are an energetic person and excited by the world of technology.
- You are passionate about Supply Chain Excellence.
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (BA/BS/MSc/etc) program majoring in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer/Data Science, Mathematics, Manufacturing or other relevant Business/Engineering disciplines.
- You have an excellent academic record
- You have a solid understanding of Supply Chain fundamentals with an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- You possess creative problem solving skills and have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- You are comfortable with working in teams.
- You have good English verbal and written skills.
- You are able to live and work in the country of your application, with no additional VISA sponsorship from Cisco.
- You are able to start around February 2019.
What Cisco offers you
- Room to play: at Cisco, you will be challenged and developed whilst having fun. We value a culture of smart risks, and think it is better to try and fail than not try at all.
- We believe that changing the future requires more than just a special ability. Playing and thinking outside the box is an essential part of what we do, meaning your mindset and personality are just as important as your skills.
- Collaboration, innovation and creativity are more than buzzwords for us. They are strengths we look for in every employee.
Have a look at Spark Board – a brand new collaboration tool what our engineering teams have developed recently:
What Bart says about being an Intern at Cisco Supply Chain
“During my time as an intern I got full responsibility for an international project from day one.
As part of my assignment I spent 4 days in the Czech Republic and had to collaborate with different departments within Cisco. I really appreciated all the time and effort they invested in me. In fact,
I enjoyed working at Cisco so much that I am now employed by them.”