Supply Chain Intern Regional Engagement Specialist - Netherlands
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Start Date: February 2019
Application deadline: Ongoing
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Why you will love Cisco
Cisco didn’t just build the Internet. We keep building it. We believe our innovation and our edge comes from our people. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
- Cisco is ranked in the Top-30 Best Places to Work globally by Fortune and LinkedIn – you’ll be joining a world recognized brand with a great reputation.
· You’ll be connected to people and information through the best collaboration tools and technologies.
Cisco plays a crucial role in driving next generation software innovations. This includes cloud, mobile, security, hardware, big data spaces, software and consulting services. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity; we are connecting the unconnected and transforming our customers' businesses worldwide.
Supply Chain Operations
Join our industry recognized Supply Chain Operations team. Over the last 10 years, Cisco’s Supply Chain has been among the top 10 global supply chains on Gartner’s annual Top 25 Supply Chain list.
The Cisco Supply Chain is responsible for new product introductions, manufacturing, logistics, sourcing and procurement, planning, quality, sustainability, supply chain security and many other functions.
As an intern you will be stepping into a fast-paced environment, while working in high-impact roles. With lots of support from management and colleagues, you will experience a sense of community and fun, while having the opportunity to learn and grow.
Start a truly rewarding career at Cisco Supply Chain!
What you will learn with us?
You will be part of our team Supply Chain team in Amsterdam who are dedicated to providing our customers an unrivaled customer experience by delivering a flexible, innovative and scalable supply chain.
The opportunities to learn at Cisco vary by the function, as well as the projects that you are working on.
- Participate in the strategic planning process for Cisco Supply Chain Operations
- Work as part of the Supply Chain Transformation team identifying trends, challenges and opportunities in the Cisco Europe region.
- Sense and report on key supply chain trends leading the industry
- Assist with identifying regional sales priorities
- Assist with identifying regional geo-political implications to Cisco Supply Chain
- Work with a global team to identify strategic transformations that could impact Cisco business success
- Collaborate with several supply chain functions to uncover regional challenges in our supply chain management
- Build executive summaries of findings and share with leadership teams
- Use state of the art digital and collaborative tools while learning from your talented colleagues.
What will you bring to us?
· You are an energetic person and excited by the world of technology.
- You are passionate about Supply Chain Excellence.
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS/etc) program majoring in Business Administration, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Manufacturing or other relevant Engineering disciplines.
- You have an excellent academic record with a Minimum CGPA of 3.0.
- You have a solid understanding of Supply Chain fundamentals with an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- You possess creative problem solving skills and have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- You are comfortable with working in teams.
- You have good English verbal and written skills.
· You are able to live and work in the country of your application, with no additional VISA sponsorship from Cisco.
· You are able to start from February 2019.
What Cisco offers you
- Room to play: at Cisco, you will be challenged and developed whilst having fun. We value a culture of smart risks, and think it is better to try and fail than not try at all.
- We believe that changing the future requires more than just a special ability. Playing and thinking outside the box is an essential part of what we do, meaning your mindset and personality are just as important as your skills.
- Collaboration, innovation and creativity are more than buzzwords for us. They are strengths we look for in every employee.
Have a look at Spark Board – a brand new collaboration tool what our engineering teams have developed recently:
What Bart says about being an Intern at Cisco Supply Chain
“During my time as an intern I got full responsibility for an international project from day one.
As part of my assignment I spent 4 days in the Czech Republic and had to collaborate with different departments within Cisco. I really appreciated all the time and effort they invested in me. In fact,
I enjoyed working at Cisco so much that I am now employed by them.”