Success Programs Manager
Alternate LocationMumbai, India, Singapore
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
About the role:
As a Success Program Manager(SPM), you will be responsible for the strategic account management and technical leadership of a portfolio of AppDynamics’ most strategic customers in the APAC region. Working directly with customers, you will be the subject matter expert on Application Performance Management (APM) as a practice and AppDynamics.
You will be responsible for delivering value by driving adoption of our platform across the client’s enterprise. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
In collaboration with the rest of our go-to-market and technology organization and an eye towards scale, you will play a pivotal role in defining a holistic customer journey which driving exceptional customer retention rates. Your performance will be directly measured against license consumption, net recurring revenue, and overall usage of AppDynamics. Day-to-day responsibilities will include a mixture of technical consultation, troubleshooting, and relationship management. Think of yourself as the customer’s ‘Chief Adoption Officer.’
· Actively drive value realization of AppDynamics within our most strategic and complex customer environments; Increase operational use of AppDynamics across the enterprise through in-depth adoption assessments
· Establish a trusted advisor relationship which spans both technical expertise and strategic account management. Focus on driving new relationships, opening doors to new uses cases / champions / applications teams.
· Advocate and teach AppDynamics best practices; Identify training gaps and opportunities for expansion and enhancement
· Drive a strong evangelization program; identify and nurture internal AppD “champions”
· With each customer, develop a Joint Success Plan (JSP) to guide conversations and track daily activities required for our customers achieve specific, strategic business outcomes.
· Help each customer navigate AppDynamics including our Product, Support, Sales & Renewals teams.
· Become a “super user” of our software, with the ability to demo our product to customers, and lead customers through in-depth conversations about product features and use cases.
· Provide scheduled and as-needed operational reviews with the customer.
· Track product adoption and success – demonstrate account health through KPIs tied to business outcomes. Play an active role in building a truly data-driven organization.
· Play an active role in building our customer success playbook / and JSP delivery methodology.
· 5+ years work experience in a technical, business-facing role, including, but not limited to: pre/post-sales consulting, professional services, technical account management, customer support and engineering, etc.
· Solid understanding of Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components and/or experience with common .NET web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components
· Meaningful experience deploying and/or supporting enterprise software solutions, working with either Java or .NET
· Must have experience and working knowledge of Unix, Linux, and Windows command operating systems, including shell scripting
· Excellent communication and presentation skills; the ability to interface with a variety of stakeholders and describe complex technology in simple terms.
· Experience with escalation management and working with Sales, Support, Product Management and Engineering
· Understanding of the business goals that our customers are trying to achieve: reducing number of incidents, incident duration, and driving increase in customer experience and perception.
· Experience and high comfort level building and nurturing relationships with business and technical stakeholders at all levels. Strong presentation and documentation skills.
· Ability to work with multiple clients concurrently
· Able and willing to travel as the job requires, up to 50%.
· Familiarity with Salesforce and Gainsight a plus.
· Experience/understanding of Application Performance Management (APM)
· Experience with AppDynamics directly
· Working knowledge of storage area networks and virtualization technologies
· Knowledge of AWS, Azure and/or other cloud technologies
· Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts
· Ability to troubleshoot basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts
· Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today’s application architectures and an ability to understand SQL.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Computer Science degree desired.
We take great pride in the award-winning culture at AppDynamics. For example:
· Medical, dental, vision coverage.
· 401k match (4.5%)
· Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance).
· 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday).
· Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years.
· Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits.
Just a Note:
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.