Success Management Strategy & Process Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)All Us
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
What You’ll Do
Cisco’s Customer Experience (CX) organization is one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams, transforming how Cisco thinks about accelerating customers through the adoption lifecycle across its entire portfolio of products and services. This is a time of unprecedented change both within CX and at Cisco – and we’re looking for top talent who isn’t afraid to rise to the challenge and go above and beyond to help us get there.
The Success Management Strategy & Process Manager plays a meaningful role in defining the process and engagement model with customers of all sizes from purchase to advocacy to renewal. This is a highly and visible role within the internal and external Cisco ecosystem.
- Define and own the end-to-end process in support of the customer success role strategy
- Develop customer success role playbooks in partnership with respective Community Leads to define role engagement model and activities with customers across the lifecycle
- Drive underlying processes and workflows to support role playbook activities, including building requirements and developing roadmap of tools and systems to support customer success teams with CX Platforms
- Provide input into customer segmentation and coverage models for customer success roles
- Continually evaluate and evolve the customer success processes, developing feedback loop with the field to ensure the workflow and tools align to what our customer success roles will need to be successful
Who You’ll Work With
Our teams are all about adapting quickly to respond to market changes and bringing innovation and new ways of thinking to evolve our operating model. Collaboration with partners across CX and the broader Cisco organization will be integral to this role’s success, including:
- Partner with leaders of each CX role community to co-develop customer success roles and their resulting enablement and learning paths
- Understand evolution of the wider CX portfolio and adjust the process and tools as necessary to support the CX porfolio transformation
- Provide requirements and ensure execution of processes and playbooks into customer success tools and systems; define how roles augment our digital touch strategy
- Develop feedback loop from the field to ensure process matches with reality of execution and tweak or redefine engagement processes as needed
- Connect into wider Cisco organization and customer-facing roles to ensure role interlock to build an integrated customer experience
Who You Are
- Customer Obsessed: Proactively understands customer needs and work across cross-functional teams to develop a holistic strategy that improves customer value.
- Business Insight & Detail Oriented: Clear understanding of high-level business landscape including key strategic priorities and high-reaching marketplace, with an equal ability to dig into the details and connect them back to the overall strategy and objectives
- Bias for Action & Unafraid to Challenge Status Quo: Constantly thinks about what more can be done, with a bias for moving fast and stepping up to own efforts without explicit direction
- Impact-Driven & Results-Oriented: Independently seeks out information, solves conceptual problems, corrals resources, and leads collective efforts to drive progress
- Cross-Team Collaborator & Influencer: Understands that collaboration is imperative to everything we do, continually working across internal and external teams to understand nuances to problems and a knack for bringing people together to drive a single, coordinated effort to solutioning
- Effective Communicator: Ability to clearly articulate challenges and present holistic, thoughtful solutions at the necessary depth across both cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Integrity & Team-First Attitude: Always operates with the mindset of what is best for the business and the team and consistently acts in alignment to that focus
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience with subscription and software offers; background in business operations, process, strategy & planning, or customer success/customer-facing functions
- Ability to handle and influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Established track record of connecting strategy to execution, with an ability to define and lead others toward a shared vision while also driving the necessary changes to implement
- Proven desire for continuous learning and improvement – can-do attitude with a track record for always looking to do more
- Passion and aptitude for data, analytics, and process: incredibly detail-oriented with a passion for connecting dots across various workstreams to drive end-to-end outcomes
- Strong business and technical acumen, combined with analytical and organizational skills; good understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Ability to drive change management and guide colleagues with confidence and empathy through a fast-paced changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degree preferred
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.