Strategy and Planning Manager, Global Public Sector
Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Cisco’s Growth Marketing Segments and Industries (GMSI) team is chartered with transforming Cisco’s Go-to-market (GTM) blueprint across a wide range of target markets. We work closely with Cisco’s Sales Leadership Team (SMLT) to identify the most critical GTM opportunities for the business, and design streamlined processes to keep our projects aligned and moving quickly. We are strategic leaders who are passionate about market strategy, scale, and innovation.
What You Will Do
The Strategy and Planning (S&P) Manager for Global Public-Sector Segment role is a highly visible, strategic position, working with a diverse set of cross functional stakeholders across Regional and Theatre Sales, Marketing, Govt. Affairs and Engineering Leadership. This highly collaborative leader will drive Global Public Sector Segment growth by orchestrating the activities of cross-functional Cisco and sales resources for critical companywide initiatives, and create an overall Global Segment sales strategy that accelerates, simplifies, and tracks the business outcomes desired.
A successful candidate will own and drive multiple strategic priorities for Global Public Sector and work with the field to support and drive identified opportunities (i.e., business case creation, upper-level management presentations) while ensuring that initiatives are scalable, repeatable, and mainstreamed in the long term. This entails enabling consistent stakeholder engagement through analysis, presenting recommendations, program management and developing a detailed understanding of customer requirements between sales specialist teams, engineering, and the field.
Critical skills for successful candidates
- Executive presence and leadership maturity to engage and communicate consistently with executives and key decision makers across the region and the company with relevant insights and situational judgment to enable positive and productive outcomes.
- Extensive background and understanding of product, service, and channels sales at Cisco or comparable experience from another company
- Data Driven mindset with a passion for backing up hypotheses and arguments with data and analyses
- Influencer: Ability to persuade, influence and collaborate with key individuals. Assess where gaps exist for key decisions and drive an aligned outcome to achieve results. Accustomed to collaborating effectively with all levels of an organization and developing followership.
- Results oriented: Proven ability to drive execution focused results with relevant technologies and customer outcomes.
- First Responder: Skilled at issue management and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Communicator: Excellent executive level communication and presentation skills, able to ‘read the room’ to understand when an audience is not aligned with the strategy, business outcome or solution being discussed.
- 12+ years of relevant industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering; master’s degree preferred
- Candidates with prior S&P / growth initiatives experience preferred
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!