Strategy and Growth Director
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security
We are a group of technologists intently focused on building products that are simple to use and easy to manage. We seek bright, committed team members who are excited about contributing to a company with a vibrant and unique culture. Working with Cisco Cloud Security team means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent, and creative people who are determined to disrupt the security industry with endless innovation, world-class research and unrivaled products and services.
What We Do
Cisco Cloud and Network Security organization is one of our fast-growing business units focused on evolving the networking and security landscape and leading the Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) movement, building on our success in DNS security and Secure Internet Gateway. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a massive strategic initiative within Cisco that will drive our overall transformation to as-a-service offers.
What You’ll Do
As the Director of Growth and Strategy you will partner with VP of Cloud Security Product and the leadership team to develop and drive Cloud Security/SASE business strategy. As a critical part of this team, you will work closely with business and technical leaders across various teams and organizations within Cisco to drive Strategy and Growth initiatives.
As one of the key groups in the Cloud Security Product organization, Strategy and Growth organization that is responsible for –
- Sales alignment, enablement, and acceleration through close collaboration with Sales leadership. Making sure that products and services that we build are aligned with the way that we go-to-market (resources, compensation, enablement, buying programs, etc.). One of the key responsibilities here is to influence changes on the Sales side as well as to drive changes on the Product side.
- Strategy and planning through close collaboration with different business functions ( Product Management, Finance, Customer Success, …) in order to advise, inform, and influence our strategy. One of the key responsibilities here is to align the business on a strategic plan while helping the individual components find the best path there ( pricing strategy, M&A).
- Using Data Science practices to inform strategy and product development by creating product analytics, enriching business intelligence and creating easy and consistent tools for stakeholders to consume insights from data.
In this position you will lead the organization that delivers on the above charter. You will mentor talented leaders and individual contributors in a highly varied and highly dynamic environment. As part of the Cloud Security Product you will have key part in the culture, vision, and values of the business.
- Significant experience and deep understanding of SaaS businesses, pitfalls, and best practices
- Data driven with well thought of opinions, but open for a positive debate in the pursue of what’s best for the
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience working with cross-functional teams to align thinking and ensure effective decision-making & aligned
- Intently focused on employee development and mentorship
- Strong business acumen and exceptional strategic thinking skills
- Analytical and critical thinker with the ability to solve complex
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills - extensive experience with presenting data-supported business cases to top executives
- Collaborative and open style which is pro-active and service
- Fun, highly energetic personality; great team player that works well in collaborative
- 5+ years of experience as a strategic leader with a strong record of impactful results in Software as a Service (SaaS) businesses
- Preferably several years of experience in a top-tier consulting firm, corporate strategy financial services or comparable function
- Knowledge of Cisco’s portfolio and business a strong plus
- MBA degree from a world class institution
- Quantitative undergraduate degree ( business, finance, economics, science, engineering, or a related field)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks and pop culture aficionados. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are an award-winning company voted at the top of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies Work several years in a row, the recipient of SC’s Best Security Company Award and many others!
We Are Cisco.