Strategy and Business Development Lead
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Cisco Collaboration is looking for an exceptional leader and proactive executioner to help transform our $5B+ cloud collaboration business. The ideal candidate will partner with the organization’s senior leaders and the broader cross-functional teams to plan and operationalize the transformational strategy needed to take this growing cloud business to the next level.
As a member of the Strategy, Business Development and Partnership team for Cisco Collaboration, you work collaboratively across internal functions (including Corporate Development, Product, engineering, marketing, sales, and our Partner ecosystem) and external networks (investors, accelerators/incubators, service providers, and industry experts) to identify, evaluate, and drive Partnerships, acquisitions, and strategic investment opportunities globally, across future and existing markets, and then work to make them happen. You will provide the senior leadership teams with the needed insight into markets, sectors, and individual companies to drive intelligent, sound decision-making.
You will understand the industry landscape and trends and harness them to enable our Product Leaders to effectively formulate their build, buy, and partner strategy models and approach. You bring strong quantitative skills, strategic and highly analytical thinking, and sound business judgment. approach problems in a structured manner and are comfortable with ambiguity, along with the ability to think about what Collaboration is -- and what could be
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Become an expert in Cisco’s business and have a deep understanding of the markets we serve, the competitors we face, and areas we can accelerate to win.
- Work closely with the SVP/GM of Collaboration on strategic projects and initiatives that are highly visible
- Experience working across companies of all sizes, ranging from enterprises to early-stage start-up environments, and be founder-friendly.
- Understand and stay current on various regional markets, industry trends, the competitive landscape, and internal product development efforts. Leverage this knowledge to help educate product teams and evaluate build, buy, and partner opportunities.
- Identify and engage potential partnerships, acquisitions, or investment opportunities via personal and event networking and industry research. Build connections with investor and start-up ecosystems and industry experts.
- Take charge of identifying information sources, and interpreting data, executing analysis, and presenting findings for market sizing and other research areas
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams, influence decision-making within senior-level audiences, and drive management team decisions.
- Lead execution against recommendations quickly and with flawless accuracy.
Who You Are:
- 10 years of experience and a degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience across a mixture of investments, mergers and acquisitions, corporate development, management consulting, or private equity and experience ranging from startups to mature companies.
- Demonstrated technical leadership with experience working closely with Product, Engineering, and UX teams and experience with cloud-hosted apps/services
- Demonstrated Go-to-Market experience with launching and marketing products through various routes to market, including direct, seller, partner, agency, etc.
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated ability to think full cycle to manage long-term projects, to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to manage people and teams.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive in uncharted territory and whitespace.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with senior leaders.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with of ownership and drive
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and action plans with the ability to translate long-term strategy into short-term execution
- Great intuition that helps you make decisions to guide the team to take appropriate steps to solve challenges
- Relevant relationships and contacts in the technology industry and community.
- No ego approach with a roll-up the sleeves mentality – no task is too small for the right outcome.
Who You'll Work With:
Today’s flexible, cloud and mobile-driven businesses are clamoring for collaboration solutions that offer a “no-compromises” experience in every room, on every desk, and in every pocket.
The Collaboration Technology Group's vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry spotlight that attracts top talent. Our strategy is to sustain innovation in the portfolio, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and disrupt the market to stay competitive. We have been hard at work to build a next-generation cloud platform and ecosystem that delivers tangible business outcomes to enable our customers and grow our base. Our next chapter involves iterating on that platform and apps to deliver deep interoperability with other products in the market, allowing customers to always choose Cisco collaboration and work seamlessly with their other productivity solutions.