Strategy & Portfolio Manager for Cisco-as-a-Service
Location:New York, NY, US
Additional Location(s)Remote, Anywhere in US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Strategy & Portfolio Manager for Cisco-as-a-Service
Location - Remote, Anywhere in US.
Who You’ll Work With
Join the team leading Cisco’s strategy and portfolio for as-a-service and managed services. You will help lead the development of the portfolio strategy, positioning, partner value proposition and partner economics. You will have the opportunity to work with numerous business units, sales and segment teams and executives at Cisco and our strategic partners. You can expect to be involved in incubation and business development efforts with our partners on high profile offers and will need to be able to balance
The right candidate will be a ‘Doer’ that focuses on rapid execution and delivering strategic thinking in a well-packaged view to influence cross functional teams and senior leadership. You are able to work effectively in large organizations, build and lead cross-functional teams and synthesize data from opposing view points and drive a fact-based strategy based on customer needs and market opportunity.
What You’ll Do
In this position you will work across sales, business units, the partner organization and operations to
define the portfolio strategy as Cisco accelerates its transition to as-a-service and managed offers that leverage our partner ecosystem. You will also work closely with the partner program organization to define, shape and measure partner incentives and programs to align to the portfolio.
You will be expected to:
· Develop leading edge business models, frameworks for analysis, and long-term business strategies that drive transformational thinking. Drive the creation of presentations and recommendations and contribute to the team’s intellectual capital.
· Establish oversight and governance process for the portfolio: develop and run a rhythm business process, set and own the agenda, ensure ‘homework’ is done before meetings, track and define functional deliverables within the oversight process
· Lead strategy development supported by quantitative and qualitative data on areas related to portfolio management, partner strategy.
· Provide thought leadership, perform business analysis and support execution of high-impact strategic projects and mission-critical initiatives as part of the leadership team
· Provide strategic leadership and creative thinking tied to the analysis of technology trends and the identification of new opportunities to help drive growth strategies. Develop a comprehensive view of end customer care-abouts, market opportunity and competitive trends and use this to align the organization to the strategy.
· Work with analytics and finance teams to develop dashboards and KPI tracking to drive focus on key initiatives. Analyze partner program results and efficiency and develop
· Provide program management and business development support for new initiatives we are incubating, working closely with partners to test and validate new offers and lead successful pilot engagements
To do this, you will need a unique blend of experience working in both strategy roles and leading execution of strategy within matrix organizations.
Who You Are
You are comfortable leading strategy and business development engagements with internal and external executives to capture interest, define the opportunity and secure commitments to execute against a well-defined portfolio and GTM strategy. You enjoy synthesizing and documenting a viewpoint and socializing it across the organization. You are capable of executing on your own when needed but eager to lead cross functional and multi-company teams to scale and extend your impact.
· 6+ years total work experience with 3+ at a top technology company in a strategy role, a top IT or management consulting firm, or similar
· Experience creating strategic plans and leading strategy and programs in large organizations. Self-starter who thrives and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments
· Experience with a mix of cloud, SaaS and managed services business models across a range of technical domains; direct experience in network, security, data center and applications a plus
· Deeply interested in the B2B technology space with a strong interest in the partner landscape, new business models and how large companies procure and gain value from technology solutions
· Excellent presentation and program management skills. Experience presenting and leading engagements with VP/ SVP business audiences
This position can be based anywhere in the U.S. Travel will vary with return to normal business from COVID, expect up to 25% travel long term.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are Cisco