Strategic Sales Manager - Tokyo
Location:Tokyo, Kanto, Japan
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Are you looking for an inspiring and positive company? Are you wanting to work with smart, creative and collaborative colleagues? At Cisco Meraki, we’re on track to be the most successful acquisition in Cisco’s history (and certainly the most fun).
What do we do? We craft 100% cloud managed IT that simply works.
Founded in 2006, Cisco Meraki has grown to become an industry leader in the IT space, with over 250,000 customers and one and a half million active networks and counting around the world. We have a comprehensive set of solutions which allows customers to seize new business opportunities and reduce operational costs. Meraki is known for simplifying powerful technology through our products and services - and for the people behind them. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
As a Strategic Sales Manager on the Service Provider Sales team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with large Service Providers across the Japan region. You’ll be playing a key role in growing Meraki’s SP route to market and shaping the go-to-market strategy in this segment. Part strategic selling, part business development and part channel sales, this high-profile role requires a diverse skillset and entrepreneurial mindset. Your success will be dependent not only on your ability to sell, but also on the relationships you develop with Meraki and Cisco account teams. This is a high-energy position requiring an individual to be extremely motivated with a hunter mentality
What you will do:
- Acquire new service provider relationships for Meraki’s growing Cloud Networking portfolio
- Develop partnerships that lead to new managed service offers based on Meraki technology
- Close sell-to opportunities (ex: Public Wi-Fi, internal use) generating new revenue for Meraki
- Partner with Cisco and Meraki account teams to close deals with end-users
- Drive marketing and demand generation programs that build new pipeline
- Negotiate business relationships and contracts
Who you are:
- Open and Trustworthy – you think the best of those around you, ask questions to confirm this and avoid jumping to conclusions. You treat others with respect.
- Self-aware – you understand how others perceive you, and have the ability to understand a situation from the perspective of others.
- Results Oriented – you identify areas where we can improve as a team, and raise and address them directly.
- Accountable – you take ownership of yourself and your circumstances
- Collaborative - you share early and often to engage those around you
- 5+ years of large scale strategic sales experience
- Background selling to or through service providers and/or selling managed services
- Proven ability to build new relationships, navigate complex organizations and influence multiple stakeholders
- Documented track record of success
- Background selling IP networking, wireless and security technologies
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.