Strategic Business development manager - Products & Cooperations
Location:Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Additional Location(s)any other office in Germany
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Strategic Business development manager (m/f/d) - Products & Cooperation
Location: Cologne preferred
Who You'll Work With
Cisco has a market leading position within the Cloud-Collaboration and Communication marketplace. Within Cisco, Placetel is a creative, innovative and constantly growing business unit offering Cloud PBX and Cloud UC solutions to the German SMB market. We are the specialists for digital sales with a disruptive approach in selling cloud communication services. Our 25.000+ Placetel customers include well-known brands and companies as well as small and medium-sized enterprises.
What You’ll Do
As a New Business Development Manager, you'll open doors with potential partners, lead exploratory discussions and evaluate/develop business opportunities. You will lead cross-functional teams and bring the partnerships to market. You'll work closely with Placetel/Cisco Product, Engineering, and Sales teams on new product & sales initiatives and key strategic customer relationships that support our business focused on the small business segment. You are comfortable doing and presenting business development strategies and key issues to senior management. You will support senior management in preparing presentations and business analysis.
Your responsibilities will include
- Identify and lead exploratory discussions with potential partners across industries and sales channels. Build, maintain and evolve relationships with partners.
- Evaluate and quantify opportunities and present recommendations to internal leaders.
- Develop partnership models for product cross selling and integration of 3rd party applications (e.g. CRM-Systems) and bring them to market
- Assist Senior Management in developing presentations and business analysis
- Communicate and collaborate with a broad range of constituents (e.g., internally with product, engineering, marketing, sales, legal, and externally with business contacts).
- Articulate business and product requirements in collaboration with technical stakeholders.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the entire Placetel product portfolio/strategy and the UCaaS market
- Develop effective presentations
- Explain relative value creation by looking at competitive benchmarks, industry trends and market dynamics
Who You Are/Have
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in new business development, business strategy and/or product management in a dynamic tech enviroment
- Good technical understanding – You have an understanding of API, Interconnect, Cloud, etc.
- Experience in in creating Partnerships in Telecom- , Cloud- and/or online- businesses
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional teams comprised of both internal and external product, design, development and sales
- Experience in building presentations and key messages for executives
- Self-motivated, results driven and comfortable operating in a dynamic environment.
- Growth mindset, seeking to develop new skills and challenge the status quo.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to articulate technical, financial and business points
- Native German and fluent in English
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.