Staff Software Engineer
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Staff Software Engineer
Have you ever had a poor customer experience and thought of a million ways in which it could be improved? Have you ever empathized with those whose job it is to deliver customer experience and imagined how, if properly empowered and motivated, the overall service delivery experience could be better? If so, we want to talk.
In the Cisco Contact Center business unit, we are passionate about delivering amazing experiences to both customers and employees. We believe software can truly change the world and how it gives and receives customer service and it is our mission to be the leader in this space. To enable this vision, we are looking for passionate, smart, and motivated software engineers to join our emerging product technology team.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will:
- Design, develop and maintain the individual cloud-native microservices and data systems that are part of our future-oriented product and technology portfolio
- Evaluate and adopt leading edge techniques and technologies that provide a scalable, reliable, and highly available foundation for other products and technology to follow
- Own what you build – providing end-to-end automation, quality assurance, deployment and monitoring of your services
- Design and develop APIs and messaging endpoints for your services for rich functionality and administrative control within the platform
In this role, you will work with:
- Technical Product and Program Managers who will help you know our customers and partners so you can deliver solutions that meet their needs and wants
- Technical Leaders and Architects who will play a hands-on role in helping you design, develop, and operate with the best practices, patterns the industry has to offer
- Engineering peers who you’ll work with collaboratively to define the work to be done and work out assignments and ownership to deliver the product backlog and roadmap
To get this job, you will need (some of the following):
- 5 or more years of experience developing highly available and scalable applications and services in a cloud operating environment
- Strong object-oriented design experience; functional programming orientation a plus
- Experience with Reactive microservices design and event-driven architectures
- Experience building, testing, and consuming REST APIs; GraphQL experience a plus
- Experience with high-throughput messaging technologies and patterns; Apache Kafka and related technologies a plus.
- Experience working with databases of all types: relational, analytical, columnar, document-oriented, graph, et cetera; Redis and Cassandra a plus
- Experience with application containers and runtimes such as Docker and Docker Engine and deploying/running them on a container orchestration platform such as Kubernetes; experience with Amazon EKS, GKE, or AKS a plus
- Experience developing, testing, and deploying to public cloud infrastructures such as AWS, GCP, or Azure; experience with serverless cloud development a plus
- Experience with Git source control and building/maintaining Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines; Jenkins experience or other cloud-based release systems a plus
- Familiarity and experience with machine learning algorithms and techniques; ML application delivery experience a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum-inspired delivery methodology
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.