Sr. Sourcing Commodity Manager, PCB
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
- Provide industry knowledge and understanding of market trends (cost, technology, supply chain design, etc.,)
- Define and set strategic direction
- Collaborate with Business Unit partners to understand the long term requirements, mapping requirements into supply base offering, roadmap gap closure and facilitate optimal component selection.
- Responsible for implementing sourcing decisions, risk assessment/mitigation and alternate technical solution development.
- Be responsible for large, complex programs consisting of multiple locations and Business Units.
- Self-starter, that can independently resolve large-scale project issues and manage appropriate escalation within Cisco as necessary.
- International travel might be required
Who You'll Work With
Business Unit Partners and Engineers who design the product.
Who You Are
- BS or equivalent with 10+ years of relevant experience - Could be a combination of engineering design with business strategy experience
- PCB product manufacturing, Laminate technology and industry experience is a must.
- Extensive business strategy and implementation knowledge is required
- Technical knowledge relevant to PCB technologies (Line Card, Backplane, Rigid/Flex/HDI, Laminates).
- Technical and business-related problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship management skills.
- Having a strong experience with PCB tech/ecosystem is preferred.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.