Sr Software Engineer
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Today’s exciting business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by improving the power of technology, the best of business processes and outstanding data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and demonstrate the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
You will join us at Global Service Logistics IT Organization in Digital Enterprise Solutions. You will be working on design and development of the next gen capabilities to drive our transformation to cloud native architecture.
You will develop and deliver new capabilities using latest technologies and processes as you work with a team of talented engineers and interact with business partners. Responsibilities include:
- You will work with a team of engineers responsible for the software design, development and building the applications in Scrum Agile environment.
- You should be able to debug the issues, suggest improvements, review the code, provide solutions to systemic problems and be hands-on .
- Collaborate with other Engineers, SMEs and Architects to build the applications and technical systems aligned to the architectural vision
- Work closely with Scrum master, Product owner and global delivery teams to drive and be a key contributor to Project releases and sprint work.
You’ll be part of a highly dynamic and empowered team of collaborative Engineers and Technical leaders/Architects who are passionate about building, supporting and enhancing a lean, mean, efficient and scalable ecosystem.
Cisco’s Product-GSLO IT team is a fun-loving global team of highly empowered, hardworking, game-changers who collaborate, ideate, and apply design thinking principles to rapidly develop and deliver products that exceed customer expectations. You’ll collaborate with Product Owners, Other Architects, Tech Leads, Analysts and global delivery teams within the Organization, and across various functions in Cisco.
Who you Are:
You’re a seasoned software engineer with passion for technology and excel in developing applications in agile environment. You are self-motivated, resourceful and collaborate effectively with relevant stake holders to drive the growth and value. You feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and you are able to influence within and outside the organization.
Minimum requirements include:
- 7+ years of experience with full-stack development, design, and technically leading application development.
- BE/B.Tech in Computer Science (or related field).
- Hands-on experience in design, development and Integration of Cloud Native Enterprise class applications.
- Proficiency in MEAN stack, API management and application integration.
- Experience in developing microservices using any of the following: Angular 2.0, GoLang, Python, Node JS
- Good understanding of Agile and DevSecOps practices and toolsets
- Proficiency in Sql, Pl/Sql and Extensive hands-on experience with relational, in-memory and NoSQL databases including Oracle, Snowflake and Mongo
- Positive and self-starter attitude
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!