Sr. Software Engineer for Cloud Security Group TLV
Location:Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel Aviv, Israel
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
Who you are
● You are a team player!
● You have 7+ years of relevant experience in distributed backend systems.
● BSc/MSc in Computer Science/Engineering from a leading institute.
● Experienced engineer with strong coding skills and deep knowledge of modern cloud pipelines and infrastructure architectures.
● Knowledge of best practices relating to security, performance, monitoring and reliability.
● Strong knowledge of software languages including Golang, Python, Java.
● Deep knowledge and hands on experience with Docker containers and microservices.
● CD – Experience with Cloud native orchestration and deployment strategies (blue/green, canary).
● Kubernetes experience – strong advantage.
● Ownership and communication skills are key factors for success.
What does it mean being a software engineer in our team?
● Working on a high-scale environment in the cloud, using a variety of technologies.
● Full cycle development, including architecting, designing, coding and owning software to improve the performance, availability, and scalability of our services.
● Looking for challenges in platform, scale and performance aspects of software development.
● Performing root-cause analysis for service degradations and creating preventative solutions.
● Collaborating with teams across different time zones.
Who we are?
● Cisco TLV - A small group of ~50 Engineers, PMs, UX
● Located in Rothschild Blvd. Tel Aviv
● Working in a startup atmosphere with the benefits of a very successful Company
● We are part of Cisco Cloud Security Group working on Cisco Umbrella
● The teams in TLV lead several Secure Internet Solutions, such as Cloud Internet Gateway, Shadow-IT, Malware Detection and more.