Sr Software Engineer-QA Wireless
Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
You’re extremely motivated Wireless Software Test Engineer and passionate about learning, contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
- Strong design/test/programming ethic. Use different programming languages, such as Python (preferred), Java, C++, or Selenium to build, automate and execute sophisticated system level scripts to validate features/functionality and end-to-end customer use cases and supervising systems under test.
- Dedication to Quality: Ability to ensure and contribute to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures.
- Execute test suites to administer and certify networking infrastructure such as Cisco’s Unified Wireless Network components, virtualized SDN components and integration with Cisco routers and switches along with Cisco’s Management platforms and Location services/Analytics solutions.
- Perform feature integration and test, developing/executing test strategies and test plans, troubleshooting/ analyzing problems, optimizing system performance and executing inter-operability tests
- Build and maintain sophisticated labs utilizing switching, routing and wireless networking knowledge and capabilities.
- Participate on a team of quality engineers involved in the validation of software for our next generation Wireless Access Points, Wireless Controllers, Cisco DNA Center
- Day to day activities will involve modifying and maintaining complex customer profile testbeds, understanding features/usecases for customer scenarios, writing functional and system level test plans and usecases, automating and executing usecases, working with cross functional teams to resolve product found defects, improving test code coverage to minimize customer quality gaps and working with the quality engineers to evolve and innovate testing capability and coverage to solidify our product quality.
Who You'll Work With
- The EN Eng Wireless Engineering team is the industry leader in enterprise WLAN with a proven track record in building innovative wireless solutions. We are looking for passionate and dedicated Embedded Linux savvy programmers to form the core of a new team delivering service provide features for a key segment of wireless customers.
- Do you enjoy orchestrating innovation through personal initiative? Would it excite you to be part of a highly motivated best of breed engineering team who is redefining and refreshing the software portfolio for Cisco's Wireless products? Would you like to challenge yourself in driving a key technology transition in the Wireless Industry while working the market leader? Would you cherish to develop automation usecases using multitude of test tools to find the most challenging issues? Can you demonstrate the ability to develop and execute usecases with a system-level focus while working with minimal direction, collaborating with a cross-functional team and demonstrating technical knowledge and project management experience to accomplish the goals, while keeping mindset of customer focus and quality first.
Who You Are
- Typically requires MSEE/CS with 4-7 years of related experience or BSEE/CS combined with 7-8+ years of experience
- Testing on 802.11 protocol knowledge/ hands-on experience. Good understanding of various wifi protocols and standards (802.11/n/ac/ax)
- Experience in test tools and utilities such as Ixia, IxVeriwave, IxChariot, Spirent Test Center, and Wireshark/Ethereal.
- Experience in Scripting Languages: Python (Preferred), Java, C++
- Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
- Execute tests, track and log issues and drive them till resolution with verification of bug fixes
- Review PRD, SFS, Test plans, and other documentations
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills, with the ability to work multi-functionally.
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good teammate
- You should be able to own large portions of the software from a technical perspective
- Handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial mentorship.
- Have experience in customer deployment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team building skills. In this role you'll be work across departments and with other teams
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
- Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.