Sr. Software Engineer (Duo Network Gateway) - Duo Security
Location:Ann Arbor, Michigan, US
Alternate LocationAustin, TX or US Remote
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
We work hard to make security easy, and we're looking for a full-time Sr. Software Engineer on our Duo Network Gateway Team (DNG) to help us continue developing the best-in-breed platform for Zero Trust.
What You'll Do
Skills and qualities you have…
- Served in a hands-on role, where your technical leadership is used to define, architect and implement new solutions
- Proficiency developing solutions with network-level protocols for Linux operating systems
- Appreciation for collaborating with, teaching, and learning from high-performing peers and rallying around achieving a common goal
- A good understanding of design patterns that avoid redundancy and promote efficiency, legibility, testability, and maintainability of code
- Dedication to owning the quality of your output and desire to invent a new network security product
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to inform and influence people of various backgrounds and levels of technical expertise
- Experience with Python, Go or a similar modern high-level language where you implemented asynchronous programming patterns resulting in high-quality, performant, and maintainable code
- Experience as a professional software engineer working in teams with a history of shipping successful medium to large applications in a production environment
- Proficiency delivering software using agile methodologies and comfortable with automated testing
Even better if you have...
- Experience running production deployments in AWS or similar IaaS services with a distributed architecture
- Experience supporting a high-availability SaaS production environment
- Desire to stay up-to-date on the latest security threats facing organizations
- Dedication to build tools with usability in mind, so your work can benefit a wide audience
Areas of product development include:
- Web Proxy development in a technology stack that includes Nginx, Python, Redis, and Golang
- Endpoint (OSX, Windows, Linux) client software for creating secure, authenticated and authorized network tunnels
Who You'll Work With
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work with engineers, designers and product managers to understand their needs and collaborate on technical direction, assist your teammates and communicate progress. You will build, document, extend and maintain the components that make up the DNG product and share ownership for its success.
Who You Are
Our preferred candidate has worked successfully in one or more of the above areas for another online software company. Experience with security products is a huge plus, as is experience working on B2B and SaaS products, but do not let the lack of those things hold you back... come show us that you're passionate about bringing security to the masses.
This job may not be for you if you:
- Only code alone and aren't willing to mentor and be mentored.
- Stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide you with the answers
- Lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure software that is backed by an equally mature approach to testing
- First instinct is to point out why something can't be done rather than focusing on what the customer problem is
- Tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a product and company
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us