Sr.Software Development Manager - Java, Microservices, Kafka, ELK, Angular JS
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
We are Customer and Seller eXperience IT (CSX-IT). We are focused on redefining the buying and selling experiences for our customers, partners, and sellers. By digitally connecting all related touch points that drive contextual and time-sensitive buying and selling actions, CSX-IT delivers value across the customer lifecycle of Attract, Land, Adopt, Expand, Renew and Service. This position is a career opportunity for someone with extensive experience and a demonstrable ability to operate effectively in a strategically focused role.
Who You'll Work With
The CSX-IT organization is passionate about technology not just to be innovative, but we transform innovation into value for Cisco sellers and partners. We are responsible for delivering world-class capabilities that enable Cisco sellers and partners to transform customer engagement and the buying experience. We are poised to take an established business to the next level, by anticipating customer needs. Our customers are not just industry leaders, but are redefining the world through the empowerment of technology - with Cisco by their side.
What You’ll Do
As Manager IT, you will own the Delivery and Operations of world class solutions for Cisco's Customer Experience team that are built primarily on Salesforce platform covering Service cloud and Cloud Native applications.
- You will mentor and grow a robust team of 15 employees.
- You will be developing and driving implementation of solutions / approaches for challenging business problems associated with Customer entitlements.
- You will be an Agile team member and thoroughly understand your space but you will also look at the solution from an End to End perspective and contribute towards shaping the approach and solution.
- You will be putting Client Experience first in all your solution and process designs
- You will learn from production insights and propose improved future solutions
- You will analyze trade-offs between options and make recommendations on solutions / approaches.
- You will bring Industry and outside in perspectives on how we can shape the delivery of our services
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 12+ years of experience in delivering Java based web applications with bachelor’s in engineering or computer science and:
- 4+ years of People / Talent Management experience covering hiring, mentoring, growing and Performance Management of your team of robust individuals.
- Excellent design, development skills along with problem-solving & analytical skills
- Solid understanding in ELK stack
- Strong in tuning Data ingestion/Indexing Performance
- Core JAVA - API ,webservices writing skills is must
- Good knowledge on Unix Shell scripting, Automation
- Performance monitoring of APIs using different tools like marvel, Kibana, Appdynamics.
- Demonstrated usage of CI/CD pipelines and tools such as Jenkins, Git, SonarQube
- Exposure with Angular JS, HTML5,CSS (Front End)
- Experience in building Highly available and scalable data services and data intensive applications using Oracle, Mongo DB, Kafka, Elastic, LogStash and Node JS is preferred.
- Well versed in software development lifecycles, agile & lean delivery methods, and DevSecOps
- Successful track record of leading multi-functional projects including the ability to think end to end and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to achieve business objectives
- Self-driven, results oriented and passionate in delivering business value
- Collaborative and open style with a constructive and positive attitude
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Imagine a more secure and smarter world with unlimited bandwidth. If you want to be part of a company that is making that vision a reality, Cisco is the place to be. At Cisco, we continue to develop products that change how we live and communicate, how enterprises run intent based networks, and how Data Centers run faster with more efficiency, capacity and scalability than ever before, enabling our ecosystem to be smarter. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by the imaginations of its users.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.