Sr Revenue Analyst
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestFinance
What you'll do
You will join as a Revenue Analyst within Cisco's Revenue Accounting team. Revenue is the most significant financial metric, driving nearly all other financial results, and your team handles over $1 Billion in revenue adjustments annually. In this role, you will support revenue accounting for Learning, which is a key part of Cisco's go-to-market strategy. Your responsibilities and opportunities will include:
- Run the day-to-day support for all close related matters for Learning.
- Partnering with Corp Rev for accounting guidance and addressing questions from management
- Cross-functional teaming for revenue accounting support and process improvements, etc.
- Working directly with Sales and Service Finance to ensure compliance and understanding of risks
- Your collaboration will provide opportunities to drive, influence, and make an impact on the revenue adjustments workstream.
- You will be the face of one of the most visible areas in revenue accounting.
Who you'll work with
You will join the Revenue Accounting Operations team. You will be working with other revenue and cross-functional teams on a worldwide level who share the passion of helping to make Cisco outstanding.
Who you are
You are a highly motivated, dedicated, self-starter who is team-oriented, with strong communication and collaboration skills to work cross-functionally. You have strong analytical skills and advanced excel skills. Comfortable having direct conversations with senior executives in various capacities. You adopt ambiguity and are a natural diplomat. Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of finance/accounting experience.
- Public accounting or equivalent
- Data analysis experience
- Strong communication and ability to build partnerships and collaborate at various levels.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.