Sr. Product Manager
Location:Offsite, Carlsbad, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
The Sr. Product Manager for Optics defines and executes the product line strategy for the company, including product roadmap and requirements, marketing strategy and focus and long-term planning. This position manages the product through its lifecycle, from development to launch, sampling, volume production and end-of-life. The PLM works closely with R&D on the product definition, with Sales on strategy and customer engagement and with Operations on short and long-term forecasting.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Contributor to product line roadmap and new product pipeline
• Help develop and drive execution of product roadmap and product strategy to be in line with corporate strategy and business objectives
• Manage products through entire product lifecycle from kick-off through to end of life
• Drives cross functional core product team
• Provides visibility to management on major market/customer changes, business outlook, potential risks and resource constraints
• Develops product price strategy and supports quoting process
• Proposes and initiates cost reduction programs to improve profitability of the product line
• Provides product requirements and priorities to R&D for new product development
• Develops and maintains key customer contacts
• Supports sales team on customer engagements, including technical and business support on new product qualifications
Who You'll Work With
You will be working with a world-class team of highly skilled product managers and applications engineers. All have a strong educational background ranging from BSEE to PhD EE. All have industry experience working with Optics and Electronics.
Who You Are
- Strong communication skills, written and spoken
- Self-starter, self-motivating, independent nature
- • Ability to work in a fast paced, project oriented, team environment
- • Positive, "can do" attitude
- • Outstanding external and internal customer facing skills
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering required
- Electronics development experience required, Optical experience a plus
· Preferred knowledge of the webscale market
· Minimum 10 years industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications: Power Point, Excel, Word
- Excellent presentation skills
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.