Sr. Product Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
- What You'll Do
ENB is seeking a Product Manager professional to join its Cisco SD WAN team. Cisco is leading the disruption that is occurring in branch routing and application delivery infrastructure. The increased adoption of cloud & SaaS applications coupled with the dramatic growth of rich media on corporate networks is causing enterprises to rethink how they architect their WANs. Hybrid WAN networks, which combine traditional MPLS WAN circuits with direct-to-Internet circuits, have emerged in an attempt to achieve the right balance of cost & performance when accessing both on-premises & SaaS-based applications. SD-WAN is a fundamentally new approach to WAN architectures that provides a simpler, more agile way to manage both hybrid and traditional WAN, alike. You will be responsible for building capabilities that will deliver the best application experience on a hybrid cloud environment.
Who You'll Work With
The Enterprise Networking Business (ENB) Cisco's largest business group by revenue, profit, and contribution margin. The WAN and Routing team drive revenues of nearly $4B with branch office and enterprise edge products that integrate industry-leading routing, application services, security, and voice/video features with emerging technologies such as virtualization, 4G mobile data, and cloud-based IT applications. Customers range from small businesses to the world's largest retailers, financial institutions, and IT service providers. Our customers likely include your bank, apparel retailer, grocery store, superstore, and maybe even your favorite coffee shop. Driving innovation and increased customer value has enabled Cisco Enterprise Routing to maintain market share leadership in a competitive environment.
Who You Are
- Strong background in Security
- Full ownership of the strategy and feature set in your areas of focus
- Market and customer analysis, requirements development, business case, collateral, product strategy, and product positioning
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the organization, from engineering to sales
- Customer engagement and relationship development for product evangelism, and requirements gathering
- Feature prioritization and tradeoff decision making
- Understanding of cloud computing architecture, technical design and implementations including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models
- 8+ years of product management experience
- Strong domain knowledge on routing protocols (BGP, OSPF etc)
- Must be hands-on with the ability to develop the key features of the solution
- 3+ years of experience building scalable and highly available enterprise applications
- 3+ years of technical marketing / technology experience
- MBA preferred not mandatory
- BS / MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.