Sr. Product Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You’ll Do
The Network Security team predominately manages the Next-Gen Firewall product line. In this role you will build a new heuristics and machine learning engine to analyze security policies, events and service requests. This engine will play a key role in our new cloud-based centralized security orchestrator, to assist our customers in improving and optimizing their security posture while reducing their operational costs. Machine learning is a central piece of the Cisco security strategy in order to provide the best level of security in our customers’ heterogeneous environments, and support their growth in the cloud.
Who You’ll Work With
We are a collaborative and supportive group of Product Managers energized by driving our product lines! As a Product Manager you will span technology and business and have a “roll up your sleeves” ethos to drive the business forward.
Who You Are
● Become an expert in your space. Work directly with customers to understand the space your product is in, personas using it and buying it, and ecosystem in which it operates. Conduct market analysis, competitive analysis and translate it to product direction.
● Identify and present innovative and creative product and business solutions that help your business and deliver on our strategy.
● Gather and synthesize requirements to define compelling product. Validate requirements and resulting product features with customers to ensure success.
● Broker and facilitate product decisions cross-functionally.
● Be able to balance business and user needs with technical constraints - discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative approaches, and lead and inspire engineering efforts to meet objectives.
● Design effective GTM strategies, work cross-functionally to have them implemented
● Manage packaging and pricing, from conducting the competitive analysis, through financial modeling all the way through to pricing proposal and approval
● Partner with sales and SE teams for effective introduction of product into the market
● Maintain strong understanding of relevant technologies, contribute as a thought leader in the security industry.
● Produce case studies, white papers, presentations, and other materials to help evangelize the product.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.