Sr. Product Manager - IoT (5G)
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Senior Product Manager - IoT - 5G
What You'll Do
The Internet-of-Things (IoT) is now in its hyper-growth phase and Cisco, the pioneer and leader in IoT Connectivity Management Platforms, is seeking a Sr. Product Manager to join our team.
Cisco has designed its industry-leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) IoT platform to enable companies of all sizes to rapidly and cost-effectively launch, manage and monetize IoT services on a global scale. When an enterprise evolves to embrace IoT, it transforms into much more than a product business. It becomes a service business, delivering increased customer value and unlocking new sources of revenue.
Our enterprise customers span Connected Car, Connected Home, tablets, smart meters, medical devices, connected construction equipment, pet trackers and many more applications.
- You will play a leadership role for formulating our 5G strategy, drive investment choices and own business decisions as well as outcomes.
- You will formulate business cases, run financial analysis and drive GTM strategies.
- You will work closely with our architecture team on deep technical assessments and make strategic roadmap choices around integrating our SaaS platform into Service Provider networks.
- You will drive product requirements, specifications, development and launch.
- You will bring people and teams together by collaborating with engineering, sales and marketing and operations to build consensus, execute and launch new offerings / features.
- You will measure the success of our undertakings by identifying and tracking key metrics.
Who You'll Work With
You'll interface closely with Service Providers as well as Enterprises to understand their business and needs in depth so as to inform the roadmap, tactically and strategically without being limited to customer asks.
Internally, you'll work closely with a world-class group of players in Software Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing and Finance teams to take products from ideas all the way to rapid commercial launch in a dynamic and iterative SaaS model.
Who You Are
We are looking for individual with strong Product Management skills, technical aptitude, business insight and excellent communication skills.
Minimum Requirements include:
- 5+ years of relevant Product Management experience in a Software as a Service model.
- Prior experience with Service Provider (Telco.) networks a strong plus
- Demonstrate strategic thinking, leadership and soft skills in combination with technical savvy.
- Track record of having led complex initiatives from inception through launch.
- Excellent critical thinking skills to make good decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to persuasively deliver presentations to senior executives, partners and customers.
- Prior Product Management experience in the IoT space a plus.
- MBA or similar a plus.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco