Sr. Network Security Engineer- Design & Implementation
Area of InterestInformation Technology
"What You'll Do
We need a Senior Network Engineer who will Architect, Design, Implement and Operate network at Scale.
You will help set strategy and deliver our next-generation enterprise networks specially expertise in VPN, Security, Collaboration Services and Access / Policy enforcement. Responsibilities include:
- Design, Implement and Operate Cisco Network Infrastructure Services.
- Deep understanding of Networking fundamentals including Remote Access / VPN, Security (Firewalls, ISE, Access / Policy enforcement) and knowledge of platforms such as CAT9K, ASRs, Firepower, WAN-GWs etc.
- Exposure to new technologies and experience deploying and operating at Scale.
- Develop automation for redundant tasks to optimize Operations and Implementations (optional but desired)
- Develop and provide services to better monitor, measure, root-cause analysis, and debug Cisco Premise networks.
- Responsible for the long-term health and therefore help in the definition and prediction pipelines for network health - availability and service-level objectives
- Function as technical, engineering and operational domain specialist for Remote Access & Security. Work with BU on resolution of bugs.
- Take SME on-call rotation to respond to high priority incidents and resolve issues.
- Analyze issues with the network infrastructure & the business model, recommend functional process or service improvements, have expert understanding of and contributes to the improvement of Offshore Development Center connectivity with innovative solutions.
- Work independently, receive minimal guidance and direction from manager then identify the best approach to accomplish work.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with motivated team of engineers part of global infrastructure services that are passionate about running network at scale. The team supports all of Cisco's workforce to provide them secured wired and wireless access, so you will be surrounded by specialists who make the special things happen! Our wide variety of services includes consistent architecture delivery for Cisco-wide new technology deployment, infrastructure services & support, software automation and service management.
Who You Are
- Drives and oversees the implementation of company-wide projects with high resource requirements, risk and/or complexity
- Recommends and initiates network projects to support Cisco-wide objectives
- Leads technical design and architecture review of applicable global projects.
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Provides guidance, direction, and instruction in network systems to less-experienced team members and colleagues
Minimum Requirements include:
- You have BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years’ hands on experience in enterprise network environment
- You are a Leader with vision and can influence decisions with your knowledge and expertise.
- You are CCNA, CCNP (R&S and also preferably Security) and have relevant networking experience running enterprises at scale.
- You have Technical troubleshooting and performance optimization experience.
- You have experience working with network fundamentals (TCP/IP, routing, switching, Security, Firewall, Firepower, ASA, Network Access Control (NAC), IOS (ASRs), FXOS (FTD), Traffic direction/type, NAT, routing protocols, web application, URL Filtering).
- Good understanding of Site to Site VPN, Group-policy, Tunnel-group, Webvpn, Saml, SSL certification for vpn, troubleshooting, Clustering, site failover and also other desired technologies – NSO PnP, Licensing (Meraki & Cisco Smart Account), API, automate configuration, Scalability, Meraki Auto-VPN.
- Good understand of Incident Management, Change Management & Problem Management. Also experience with support tools experience such as but not limited to LiveAction, Science Logic, Service Now, Wireshark etc.
- Knowledge of Comp"
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Imagine a more secure and smarter world with unlimited bandwidth. If you want to be part of a company that is making that vision a reality, Cisco is the place to be. At Cisco, we continue to develop products that change how we live and communicate, how enterprises run intent based networks, and how Data Centers run faster with more efficiency, capacity and scalability than ever before, enabling our ecosystem to be smarter. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by the imaginations of its users.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.