Sr. Network Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
As a Sr. Network Engineer on our team, you will collaborate with cross functional peers, business and Partners for network troubleshooting. Based on your knowledge and experience, you’ll anticipate issues with the network infrastructure & the business model; recommend functional process or service improvements; have expert understanding of and contributes to the improvement of Supply Chain Production Infra Services. Additional responsibilities include:
- Work independently, receive minimal guidance and direction from manager then identify the best approach to accomplish work
- Drive processes and lead projects
- Contribution result in business or process improvements globally within the function
- Solve complex problems; use sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
Who You’ll Work With
Global Infrastructure Services manages the strategy, delivery and operations for the internal network infrastructure and Premise team provides technology infrastructure services for Cisco's global workforce. Our wide variety of services includes consistent architecture delivery for Cisco-wide new technology deployment, infrastructure services & support, software automation and service management.
Who You Are
Both your customers and teammates consider you a go-to person for network and service improvements and turning creative ideas into realistic solutions. As a result, you have a winning record of developing and deploying new designs that help reduce security risks and provide better user experience. Additionally, your ability to build trusting relationships and effectively influence peers and management with your good communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal gives you an edge to create an impact.
Minimum Requirements include:
- B.S. plus 7+ years relevant experience or M.S. plus 5+ years’ experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- 7 plus years hands on experience in enterprise /datacenter environment
- Strong Routing and switching skills (CCNP)
- Security, Firewall, Firepower, ASA
- Very Strong troubleshooting skills
- Layer 1 cabling skills
- Network implementation (physical/logical)
- Incident management
- Change management
- Problem management
- On-call rotation
- Support tools experience such as but not limited to LiveAction, Science Logic, Service Now, Wireshark etc.
- Cisco Cat3k, Cisco Cat4k, Cisco Cat9k, Cisco ISRs, Vlans, QOS, EIGRP ACL management
- Deal with critical issues in a professional timely manner
- Assess situations and prioritize accordingly
- Knowledge of Compute, Datacenter, Windows, Linux, Servers would be an added advantage
- SDx, Devops, NSO, Python, Scripting skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco #GIS #SDx