Sr. Network Engineer - IoT
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Senior Network Engineer - IoT
What You'll Do
In this role, a hands-on Senior Network Engineer solve operate, troubleshoot, and scale the next generation of Cisco IoT. This business unit is a growing worldwide Data Center network infrastructure platform.
We are looking for enthusiastic, detail-oriented engineers with expert skills in networking, Operating system, DNS, and network monitoring tools. You will have discipline and good communication skills to join our cross-functional Infrastructure team.
Who You will Work With
You will collaborate with Network Architects, Servers, Developers, DBA, Security, Application, and NOC teams.
Who You Are
- Excellent knowledge of DNS protocol, DHCP and IP address management
- Experience with the creation and maintenance of DNS records and DNS zones
- Deep understanding of BIND and DNS standards
- Knowledge of DNSSEC and secure zone transfers
- Confirmed system programming skills in any of Python, Perl or shell
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and Internet protocols, such as BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VPC, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, etc
- Excellent troubleshooting skills involving breaking down complex systems and finding root cause
- Ability to analyze situations and devise solutions
- Knowledge of system administration, including Linux, Windows, Hypervisors, Virtual Machines, dockers, containers
- Experience of BlueCat DNS solution or Infoblox DNS solution
- Experienced knowledge of networking protocols, configuration and network troubleshooting
- Experience with Solarwinds suite of monitoring tools, NetScout, NetBrain
- Experience with Active Directory or other LDAP management of users and computers
- Experience using scripting languages and interacting with API’s for network automation tasks. Expect, JSON, TCL, YAML a plus
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as OpenConfig, Ansible or Puppet
- Experience of cloud, such as AWS, Azure and Google Compute, etc
- Experience of firewall, such as Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Fortinet
- Experience of Load balancer, such as F5, Netscaler
- Ability to participate in a regular on-call rotation
- Cloud certification
- CCNA/CCNP certification
- System administration or Linux system administration certification
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #We