Sr Manager, UX Research
Location:Offsite, Richfield, Ohio, US
Alternate LocationVancouver YVR, Austin TX, Remote
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video
We are the Cloud and Network Security UX and Docs group. We are 70 designers, writers and researchers focused on delivering a great user/buyer experience across multiple products (hardware, software and cloud) that are used by millions of customers to keep their employees and data centers secure.
We are looking for a Sr UX Research Manager to lead a team of researchers who will aim to understand the experiences of existing and potential customers through world-class research. This role involves engaging with business and product design leaders across the organization to provide key insights in the field of research and translating long term strategy into operational objectives. You are self-motivated and excited to be part of a highly skilled and advanced UX research team that builds strong partnerships across the organization and helps shape the future of Cisco’s security products.
Specifically, you will be responsible for
- Work closely with UX, Product Design and Product Management leadership to understand product goals and strategies to develop long-term user research plans and schedules.
- Build, develop and nurture relationships at all levels of the organization including senior and executive level management.
- Partner across organizational and Global teams with a variety of disciplines (designers, product owners, market researchers, producers, etc.) to generate insights which deeply impact the trajectory of their product work.
- Nurture maturity of the insights organization by contributing to the development and refinement of team-wide research processes, working closely with people managers to grow skillsets and capabilities on the global research team.
- Provide direction, leadership and coaching to team members and peers by developing strategies, collaborating, articulating ideas and viewpoints.
- Effectively communicate research results in creative ways that drive impact.
Who You Are
You are an experienced Design Research Manager. You are a collaborative problem solver who is energized by a good challenge. You are insightful and self-aware, with a history of building successful working relationships. You also love a good spreadsheet, always deliver on time, and enjoy hanging out with creatives. You are very organized and are comfortable addressing executives. Are you up to the challenge?
- Multiple years industry experience successfully managing a high performing Team.
- Education requirement, University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience.
- Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Through tact and diplomacy, influence decision makers at all levels
- Highly collaborative, team-minded person who consistently drives toward better outcomes for the business and the team
- Strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task in order to move forward in rapidly evolving situations.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of set processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!