Sr. Manager - Software Engineering
Location:South Netanya, Hamerkaz, Israel
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
Who We Are
The group is responsible for the development of an on-prem and Cloud/SaaS Network Policy and Analytics system within Cisco DNAC solution. These capabilities enable our customers to design & provision policies across the network, ingest and process network data telemetry to monitor policy assurance and provide network traffic analytics.
We develop the technology end to end, both the on-prem/cloud system front-end, back-end as well as the network embedded software. We are using agile and CI/CD practices, and take pride in high quality delivery.
Who You'll Work With
- You will collaborate with cross-functional core stakeholders within both engineering, product management and field teams to lead the technology direction, facilitate key technical decision points, and take the architecture specifications into working engineering outcomes.
- You will interface with multiple engineering groups in Cisco, who are responsible for developing the infrastructure and products that define a complete security policy and access solution.
- You will commit to road maps with capabilities and timelines, with a proven track record of product development delivered with quality on time.
- You will align technology to business strategy, and proactively drive a technical direction throughout the organization
- You will document and comply with quality processes following a CI/CD methodology
Who You Are
Your focus is success, and you know how to measure it!
You are a servant-first leader, and a strong team player.
8+ years’ proven experience in software engineering leadership roles.
2+ years’ proven experience in managing software developers in an agile development process.
Experience in Networking infrastructure and Cloud/SaaS products delivery
Strong engineering delivery and execution track record, with proven experience around design concepts, development, quality, integration, testing, etc.
Ability to attract talent, inspire people, and develop the next generation of technical leaders.
Ability to build trusting, meaningful relationships with peers, stakeholders, and partners in Cisco.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical influencing and conflict management.
Full commitment to customer satisfaction and the highest ethical standards.
Leadership skills to include coaching/mentoring, critical thinking, facilitation, change leadership, and team development.
Thorough understanding of scale-out software architectures for on premises and cloud hosted environments across all layers (infrastructure, security, compliance, operations, and software life cycle management).
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.